Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those who are boosted and get bad fuel.

For those who are boosted and get bad fuel.

So, I'm trying to determine what has happened here. The truck starts and idles normally, drives fine, but when at the hit for WOT the AFR drops to 10.9 and then she start popping, stumbling, and crapping, then pulls hard, then craps out again and well is a total mess with the AFR going all over the place, but fuel pressure and Injector Duty Cycle is staying constant. I had it tuned perfectly the other day. The only things that's changed is 13 gallons of fresh 91 got poured in last night.

I didn't find anything out of place on the log. It's not knocking either. The only thing that I know can be to blame is the fuel.

The log attached, you can see where it's running good, then it starts crapping out by the O2's going nuts. Let me know what y'all think. The best example is at frame 6950.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Blown head gasket.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Blown head gasket.
    LS9 gasket? 14psi? Mmmmm.....I doubt it. Explain how you arrived to that theory.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

That's what was wrong on a turbo Trans Am I did. It was blooooooooown. Cylinder 3 was totally clean and the passenger side narrowband would flicker voltage at WOT. Car drove fine until it was in boost.

If both O2s are going nuts, then I don't know. I didn't look at the logs.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    LS9 gasket? 14psi? Mmmmm.....I doubt it. Explain how you arrived to that theory.
    dave's just trolling... lol

traction control kicking in? log actual throttle position, not pedal

Post your config
    1971 Corvette-LS3 swap with custom cam. Stainless headers and sheet metal intake built by the owner. 442rwhp.

2007 STS-V-Billet Precision 67mm turbo swap. 563rwhp@15psi.

1991 Camaro-6.0 swap with LS6 heads and custom cam. Headers and other swap bits fabricated by myself (wife's car)

could it be as simple as spark blow-out?

Whats your plug gap?

That's what was wrong on a turbo Trans Am I did. It was blooooooooown. Cylinder 3 was totally clean and the passenger side narrowband would flicker voltage at WOT. Car drove fine until it was in boost.

If both O2s are going nuts, then I don't know. I didn't look at the logs.
    Nope it's both of them. They both go goofy. I would hate to have to pull the heads off before TX2K12. Also no water going anywhere, no oil burning either. Have yet to do a compression test.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Quote Originally Posted by carlrx7 View Post
    dave's just trolling... lol

traction control kicking in? log actual throttle position, not pedal
    Sorry I thought I had it logging. But no dice, I can guarantee that it wasn't traction control. I made sure I had it off, plus you'd see a dip in timing as spark management is enabled.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Quote Originally Posted by 383_Stroker View Post
    could it be as simple as spark blow-out?

Whats your plug gap?
    It could be, I'll go pick up a new set of TR6's when I do the fuel system for it over the weekend. After all these are the same plugs whenever it was going retarded and flooding the engine on cold starts. I know for sure it had gas fouled a few during that time but they seemed to clean up.
    Last edited by IDRIVEAG8GT; 02-13-2012 at 10:41 PM.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Notice also at the WOT run at frame 6950 how the rpm jumps around erratically when it's mis-firing.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

What ignition coils are on it?

It baffles me how one has time to post and follow up on the internet, but not time to do simple diagnosis like pulling the plugs and running a quick compression test.

Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    It baffles me how one has time to post and follow up on the internet, but not time to do simple diagnosis like pulling the plugs and running a quick compression test.
    It baffles me how you have the negosity to say such when I have a broken left hand at the moment and my buddy who will be helping me with this project isn't here to do that for me, so I look for ideas from the smartest people I know to provide plausible solutions to my dilemma and make me smarter in the long run. So with all due respect, piss off. Like my dad always told me, if you don't have something good to say don't say anything at all.
    Last edited by IDRIVEAG8GT; 02-14-2012 at 02:07 PM.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

What ignition coils are on it?
    MSD Wildfire packs.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

It baffles me how you have the negosity to say such when I have a broken left hand at the moment and my buddy who will be helping me with this project isn't here to do that for me, so I look for ideas from the smartest people I know to provide plausible solutions to my dilemma and make me smarter in the long run. So with all due respect, piss off. Like my dad always told me, if you don't have something good to say don't say anything at all.
    Take this as constructive criticism... You REALLY show your age in your posts.

MSD Wildfire packs.
    Put stock coils on.

Take this as constructive criticism... You REALLY show your age in your posts.
    If I'm lying I'm dying Dave. As for what Greg suggested it would've already been done if I was capable of performing those tasks. And even if I could I probably still would've started this thread to get yours and everyone else's opinions.

As for my age, well yep, I'm stubborn, immature and an asshole, but I'm here on the board for the same reason you are, to help and learn from others when I need assistance.

Your criticism is noted, and I understand where your coming from, but I still meant what I said and said what I meant.

Also I tried stock coils Saturday, no change.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Oh by the way guys

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Wahh... Cry me a river. I broke my wrist in two places a few weeks ago and even with my cast, I'm still able to get work done both at the day job and in my spare time creating more fuel injector training material for Calibrated Success. You'll get no sympathy here for being lazy and just turning to the internet for some magical solution. Any hope you had of me helping just went away. Guys like you give the general tuning community a bad name. Have fun fixing your lonely, bitter, popping, stumbling, and crapping truck.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by eficalibrator View Post
    Have fun fixing your lonely, bitter, popping, stumbling, and crapping truck.
    You forgot to mention going lefty, as well as not being able to wipe!