Thread: Basic Questions

Potential Tuner

Basic Questions

Great Work guys~! I love coming back from a month underway to find this kinda stuff on the boards!

anyway, a couple of questions:

1: As I understand it: You download the data off of your current VCM, change it with the provided editor, and re-write it back to the VCM. This also means that I can backup my current existing settings and save alternate states, such as (racing) (street) or (cruising) correct?

2: How straight forward is the software to us hobby-types? Say I want to upgrade my injector size to a 26# - Is it as simple as going to the approriate box in the program and changing my 22# to a 26# or is it more complicated than that (could apply to anything though, tire/rim size, gear change, etc)? {from the screen shots, it appears it just this easy}

3: How elaborate is the instruction manual going to be? The deeper the better!

4: Have you guys though about adding "recommended" changes feature to the program or adding "footnotes" to cetain data-change area's of the program? (such as when you put your mouse pointer over something on a web page and it will something like "click here to buy now&quot.

I'm learning more every day, but I'm not anything close to the professional level that this program allows. I just want to know if I get this, can I safely start using it now, and increase its usage as I increase my knowledge (or should I go ahead and get that masters degree then purchase your product?)?

Re: Basic Questions

1. Yes you can backup and create many flavors if you like. An NA tune and a nitrous tune.

2. Gear/Tire changes are made easy.. Injector changes are not that easy. You need to know how much of an increase you are going up in injector size over your stock injector and then scale the Injector Constant table with your new factor.

3. I'm sure they will continue to grow indefinately.

4. I haven't thought about that but will definately keep it in mind.. Sounds like a very cool feature.

You can definately buy our product to help you learn... but jus be careful during your learning process.. Change what you know you can change safely and be sure you know what your changing.. If you go through the program and just do things randomly without real direction you could easily damage vehicle components.. for example..

if you increase all your shift pressure tables to 100% all the time, your trans pump isn't going to like it. If you set them all to 0, well then your clutches won't hold for much longer.

Set your timing to 55 degrees at wide open throttle and the resulting detonation could break a piston.

As long as you take your time throughout the learning process and ask questions you should be ok.

Just note, if you're not sure what it is.. perhaps you should ask a question first before you go multipying the table by 2.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner

Thanks for the response, I came up with one other question (doesn't matter either way though, as soon as you guys start shipping the 98 V6's I'm buying) or maybe a suggestion [if possible] for an future upgrade -

if I switch the guage cluster in my 98 v6 to the big-boy V8 with the larger speedometer, will this recalibrate the speedsensor going to it so I'll get an accurate speed representation (and not have to buy that expensive $80 recalibrator)?

The recalibrator is for the tach, and that is something our software cannot correct for.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...