Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 07 silverado throttle problems

Tuner in Training

07 silverado throttle problems

i did my first tune on a friends truck and now sometimes when the throttle is pushed it starts to roll then u can press to the floor and stalls for a few seconds then takes off and tranny hits very hard can't figure out what i've missed

post a scan

specialize in: V8 Tuning (Kuwait)
    Abdullah Al-najdi
    00965 99369929
    www.youtube.com/alnajdi83
    Tuners ! Quit Raping your PE TABLE !
    instagram : alnajdi83
    best number in 1/8 mile 4.54 ( My Driving + My Tune ) !

Tuner in Training
    i dont have a scan to upload yet if i really need to i can run a scan tonight at work, this scan was copyed from a 08 silverado i just transfered the tables over and he doesnt have any of the same problems
    Last edited by crawfish; 02-25-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Has anyone heard of a relearn process after tuning a PCM on the 4th gen The Idle Learn Procedure listed below must be performed whenever the following occurs:
    • • • • •
    1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.
    9. 10.
    The throttle body assembly is replaced
    The throttle body is cleaned
    The engine control module (ECM) is replaced
    The idle air control valve (IAC) is replaced
    Power disconnection (battery cable, ECM fuse, etc.) (Delphi ECM only)
    Turn the ignition ON.
    Turn the ignition OFF for 15 seconds.
    Turn the ignition ON for 5 seconds.
    Turn the ignition OFF for 15 seconds.
    Start the engine in park/neutral.
    Allow the engine to run until the engine coolant temperature is greater than 85°C (185°F). Turn the A/C ON for 10 seconds, if equipped.
    If the vehicle is equipped with an automatic transaxle, apply the parking brake. While pressing the brake pedal, place the transaxle in drive (D) for 10 seconds.
    Turn the A/C OFF for 10 seconds, if equipped.
    If the vehicle is equipped with an automatic transaxle, while pressing the brake pedal, place the transaxle in park/neutral.
    Turn the ignition OFF. The idle learn procedure is complete.
    Procedure 2 Throttle/Idle Learn

man i had the same thing it was the torque management set to zero. or start all over and save time. good luck.

Tuner in Training
    it's almost like theres a dead spot in the petal switch, today i drive it and was cruising around 30mph then pressed the petal slightly and no increase in rpm or speed then put to the floor and stayed that way for 2 blocks then it took off ??????????????????????

Sometimes its best just to back up to stock and start over a couple tables at a time until you run into the problem again...

I would do the same thing. Start from stock and make little tweaks in the tune until you're happy. GL
    2003 Chevy Silverado Daily Driver, 408 Iron Block,
    LS3 Heads/Intake, 231/239 114, 4L80e, Yank SST 3200.

I know what it is. Under torque management, disable throttle tip in torque management. Problem cured.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Tuner in Training
    I was looking the tune over today and did change. The tip in torque back to stock I'll upload new tune to truck in the morning and post my findings.

Tuner in Training
    that be a big negitive, problem not cured ive installed same tune on another truck and no problems if i install stock tune on the 07 no issue? i've noticed a petal relearn button on the scanner but not sure what it's for i sent hp guys an email about the procedure and they didn't know??
    Last edited by crawfish; 03-02-2012 at 08:41 PM.

if you are looking for Learn for the throttle
    download the newest beta vir

specialize in: V8 Tuning (Kuwait)
    Abdullah Al-najdi
    00965 99369929
    www.youtube.com/alnajdi83
    Tuners ! Quit Raping your PE TABLE !
    instagram : alnajdi83
    best number in 1/8 mile 4.54 ( My Driving + My Tune ) !

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by vette_c6 View Post
    if you are looking for Learn for the throttle
    download the newest beta vir
    Reread the post I know we're the damn button is, how it's used is the problem

Tuner in Training
    Sorry for the attitude but when I pay this much money for a product I expect a Lil more tech support from the guys who work/build/design this product if there's a option for this button to be on the vcm scanner you should be able to explain the procedure for it's use

Quote Originally Posted by crawfish View Post
    Sorry for the attitude but when I pay this much money for a product I expect a Lil more tech support from the guys who work/build/design this product if there's a option for this button to be on the vcm scanner you should be able to explain the procedure for it's use
    did you e-mail support?...

Tuner in Training
    Yes I was instructed to contact gm dealer for the petal relearn process and that's what I posted earlier, just frustrated I had the software dam near a month and read more than 3 hours a night before I even did a scan on my own truck because I didn't feel comfortable with the tuner yet and first truck I plug the hptuner in to other than my own something weird is happening and no one can figure out the problem, I've since put truck back to stock other than shift point and still does same thing if totally stock tune put back on no problems????

Tuner in Training
    Late night I left the tranny tune on and replaced everything back to stock and runs fine I guess I'll go little by little then I may be able to pin point the problem thanks for everyone's input

Did you DISABLE the tip in limiting?!

The 07 OS is not made to handle the tip in management.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Tuner in Training
    I'm experiencing the exact same problem did you find out what exactly did it ?

The issue is in the TRANS> Tqmgt > Abuse Mode> leave stock don't Zero them out Truck or Car.
    JRXTuning & Performance
    Fort Worth Texas
    [email protected]

2011 CTSV https://youtu.be/WUuGxYNfJjk
    2008 GMC Sierra 5.7, Nitrous Outlet 200shot, 4.10 gears (Sold)
    2007 GMC Sierra 4.8 4/7 drop, Tune only
    2007 CTS-V BTR STG4,TFS225,MSD Airforce,102NW TB