Thread: ariel atom tune need help adjusting for new setup

Tuner in Training

Talking ariel atom tune need help adjusting for new setup

i posted a thread on here earlier about a tvs swap i did on a friends ariel atom...now im ready to start adjusting the tune for it..but i need help since how i never really tuned to much of anything b4 lol...but im a very fast learner and know what most of the stuff im looking at means just never did the adjusting...

here is the tune that is in it now.. this tune was with the mods it had before which is exhaust,stock blower with 2.75 pulley,aftermarket after cooler setup..

the new tune will be for 60lb injectors and the bigger blower(the only change) new blower has a 3.3-3.4 pulley on it...

very thankful for yall help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    question to lsj guys...will the 60's be enough for the tvs? the only ones ive tuned for had 80's and we had a nice buffer but 60's? hmmmm
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

60s work fine on stock pulley but only thing I forgot to ask was is the fuel system return or returnless?

Tuner in Training
    hell i dont know i didnt pay attention to that when i was swapping out the blower.....guess i need to look haha

It can effect the way the injectors are set up for the car.

Tuner in Training
    ok have a problem now...from what the support from hp tuners has told me the pcm is corrut and only way to fix it is to get it tech 2 flash to stock....do they need the car there to do that? can i just bring pcm? would be pretty gay if i gotta tow the thing...anyway else to try to fix this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuner in Training
    i get the invalid vin error thing so it cant find vin on pcm why wouldnt it be able to do that? and for sure will the flash to stock thing work?

You try to pull file again and see if same thing happens?

Potential Tuner
    Are you using the original ECU that came with the car? The GM tune for the Atom is not typically accessible by HPtuners since they ran some custom OS (at least last time I checked before selling mine). The vast majority of us bought a used ECU from a cobalt SS and tuned from that.

There is a very good chance its a returnless fuel system. Only a few of us have gone through all the modifications to make add a return function.