Thread: Tuning boost.

Advanced Tuner

Tuning boost.

What are you guys doing to tune this new pcm's (e38) with boost.

I seen that it can handle at least 10lb's of boost tuning the MAF but after that what are you doing for 14 17 lbs on it.? I seen talking about the blucat but i have no idea of htis tool. I was wondering if the HPtuners software i bought would or can tune this kinds of levels on boost. I really want to learn almost getting my turbo and i dont want to stay on 10 lbs of boost.

You can go waaaayyy past 10psi on an e38 with the MAF. The newest stock operating systems are floating point on the airflow number, so they'll measure well over 200lb/min (~2000hp) as long as the MAF sensor itself isn't saturated. The stock C6 MAF is also good for over 200lb/min of measurement range before hitting the 15kHz limit.

Also, the new "virtual VE" system is inherently a 2.5bar system as long as you use it as intended. You'll need a tool like Bluecat's to work with it properly in HPTuners, but it's certainly doable without going to a custom operating system.

What's the problem again?

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Greg.

I dont have a problem wit it i just wanted to go over 10lbs on boost on my truck and i though the MAF could just handle 10lbs. But i do see in my airflow calibration is to 15khz.

The only thing i would like it wasa like the 0411 pcms going speed density with out using another prgram like Blucat, i have never use it and know nothing about it.