Thread: 6l80E transmission slip?

Tuner in Training

6l80E transmission slip?

after installing a pro charger d1 65 lb injectors and setting fuel air and spark up on test drive the trans feels like it it slips, takes a long time to shift, and locks and unlocks converter irradically. Car has a precision industries 2500 stall. I did nothing to the trans setup need help and expaination why this occured
    Last edited by tricky1; 03-10-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Senior Tuner
    If you have done nothing to trans settings, then I would say you are exceeding max torque and you need to adjust torque managemant tables.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Definitely need to adjust the Trans for the added torque. If it helps, I have my copy of the tuning school 6L80E tuning guide. If you're running a stock Trans this will definitely help. I have a full mod transmission now so my copy doesn't apply for me anymore. It is still available and I will sell it for $60 shipped. It is the lastest version 3.0.0.
    2017 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
    Forged 6.2L Flex Fuel Tuned
    Twin Turbo 13 PSI
    8L90E Transmission
    3.23 Gears

Yes, it runs on E85 too and LOVES it! ;D

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tricky1 View Post
    after installing a pro charger d1 65 lb injectors and setting fuel air and spark up on test drive the trans feels like it it slips, takes a long time to shift, and locks and unlocks converter irradically. Car has a precision industries 2500 stall. I did nothing to the trans setup need help and expaination why this occured
    You need a good tune...
    11.49 @ 118 1.49 60' Bolt on 2010 IOM Camaro

www.6l80etuning.com 6L80/90 Tuning

Well if the engine isn't calibrated properly shifting will be all over. This meaning that if reported load is off due to improper MAF and VE cal, the trans doesn't how to properly calculate shift times and pressures.

HT
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Are you trying to sell this guide still?

Quote Originally Posted by Longslyde View Post
    Definitely need to adjust the Trans for the added torque. If it helps, I have my copy of the tuning school 6L80E tuning guide. If you're running a stock Trans this will definitely help. I have a full mod transmission now so my copy doesn't apply for me anymore. It is still available and I will sell it for $60 shipped. It is the lastest version 3.0.0.
    I'm having the same problem as mentioned above, seems like it slipping 2-3 drive shift in my d1 g8 gt. Please msg me if you are willing to sell your hand book. Thanks