Thread: 5.3 Turbo First start tune...a few questions

Tuner in Training

5.3 Turbo First start tune...a few questions

Hello all,
    This is my first post here and I'm new to hptuners, so go easy on me! Heres the setup: 1994 camaro, 5.3/t56. JY 5.3, 224/228@114 cam, ls6 intake precision t76, 2 bar SD tune. Im running a 2001 Z28 pcm. I have greg banish's tuning dvd and have set the correct injector data for the 60lb siemens injectors as well as made a few other changes. The car runs pig rich at idle. I havent had it running long enough to scan, so im looking for a baseline tune. Ive attached what I have so far.

Whats the best way to lean out the idle afr? Any tips/pointers? Thanks everyone.

Tuner in Training
    Anyone?

Advanced Tuner
    What map sensor you have?

Is an injector flow rate of about 10 what the DVD says?

Advanced Tuner
    You need to check units before inserting data. It looks like you entered the g/sec values when the flow rate was still in lb/hr. Right click the table, change the units and enter the correct data.

Change your oil too, since you probably flooded the crankcase with fuel.

Your VE table is crazy too. I used a VE table out of the repository for my truck and it was a great starting point, especially in the boosted regions. Copy it out of the attached file.

Advanced Tuner
    A few other things. Lower your timing. Right now you'll be around 19* in boost and that can be playing with fire for an untuned boosted engine running 93 octane(assuming that's what you're running).

I would also increase the Boost enrichment ratio to 1.29 or more for tuning purposes. Once you get the VE dialed in then you can adjust it to whatever your engine likes best.

I'm a newb at this too, so take my advice for what it's worth.