Thread: Dyno Sheets

Potential Tuner

Dyno Sheets

Are you able to provide any dyno sheets re programing
    with your VCM software i.e stock PCM v VCM tune (if that's the right word) . Any 1/4 mile testing or fuel econmony data. Has there been any gains against other type of tuning software . Just by the sound of VCM it seems to be very attractive.

Cheers

Re: Dyno Sheets

if you mean comparing a tuned car vs an untuned.. thats pretty much up to the individual tuner. A bad tuner can easily lose HP over stock. A good tuner should be able to pull quite a bit out of a stock engine. Factory cars are in a pretty detuned state but with a tuning program you can adjust it regulary for temps, gas quality etc so you can push it to the ragged edge.. or tune it for max fuel economy for long trips.

What one person can get out of a dyno run/tuning session may be totally different than what someone else can, so if your looking for a stated HP gain I doubt if thats possible. Its going to vary, depending on your tuning skills.
    Maybe some people can post up their dyno runs though.. just for reference
    Business Network Solutions - for all your PC, network, printer and computer security needs.

Re: Dyno Sheets

true, tuning is tuning and great tools in the wrong hands won't get you far. Some features that help get there are:
    - same software and cable for flashing and scan tool (no more twisted cables or swapping PC's
    - 3D surface graphs that modify the tables as you strech and move points around with your mouse (great for smoothing 3D tables or sanity checking that you haven;t made a major error (like typed 42 degrees timing instead of 24)
    - bidirectional controls on the scanner to try things in real time
    - high speed reading/writing saves lots of time
    - recovery mechanisms mean more in car flashing rather than on bench setups as has been the trend

So you can see it's more about making the tools better and easier to use rather than saying we include a magical 100hp NOS shot in the OBDII connector (although that might be a good one for the next release)

I count sheep in hex...