Thread: E67 Auto to Manual tune

Tuner in Training

E67 Auto to Manual tune

I want to change a 2008 Trailblazer ECM from Auto to Manual. I know how to do this with the P10 and P12, but the E67 is configured for a TCM. So by default, it's looking for the VSS signal on GMLAN. If I set the cal to "manual transmission" will it know to look for the VSS direct to the ECM?

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    I want to change a 2008 Trailblazer ECM from Auto to Manual. I know how to do this with the P10 and P12, but the E67 is configured for a TCM. So by default, it's looking for the VSS signal on GMLAN. If I set the cal to "manual transmission" will it know to look for the VSS direct to the ECM?
    Not exactly ... it is always a good starting point to begin by reviewing the appropriate GM Service Manual.

ECMs may receive VSS input in 3 ways:
    • GMLAN (used in many, but not all, automatic transmission vehicles)
    • REP TOS (used in some automatic transmission vehicles)
    • direct pulse from VSS (used with manual transmission vehicles, and some 4WD vehicles were the VSS in mounted in the transfer case)
    The 2008 Trailblazer ECM received a REP TOS signal on C3 pin 66 - from the T42 TCM. If you switch the ECM to a manual transmission configuration, wire the VSS High input to ECM C3 pin 66, and the VSS Low input to ECM C3 pin 67.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    Not exactly ... it is always a good starting point to begin by reviewing the appropriate GM Service Manual.

ECMs may receive VSS input in 3 ways:
    • GMLAN (used in many, but not all, automatic transmission vehicles)
    • REP TOS (used in some automatic transmission vehicles)
    • direct pulse from VSS (used with manual transmission vehicles, and some 4WD vehicles were the VSS in mounted in the transfer case)
    The 2008 Trailblazer ECM received a REP TOS signal on C3 pin 66 - from the T42 TCM. If you switch the ECM to a manual transmission configuration, wire the VSS High input to ECM C3 pin 66, and the VSS Low input to ECM C3 pin 67.
    Great, thanks for the help!

Please expand on the transmission type change to "manual transmission". I don't see this in the software.

With the VSS inputs to the ECM, and no other changes, I am unable to get a VSS signal.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by s10Wildside View Post
    Please expand on the transmission type change to "manual transmission". I don't see this in the software.

With the VSS inputs to the ECM, and no other changes, I am unable to get a VSS signal.
    On the vehicle I was working on (2008 trailblazer) the TCM has a dedicated line to the ECM for vehicle speed. To convert manual, I had to run the VSS direct to this ECM wire, and then find a low pin on the PCM for the other wire.

The trans type is a pull down menu on the "Trans" tab.

Tuner in Training
    Did You get the VSS working correctly?
    1999 Chevy S10 Blazer 4dr w/2008 LS3 Corvette 6.2L mated to a t56.

Tuner in Training
    No complaints from the customer.

Advanced Tuner
    Any updates on this?