Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: New to tuning? Step inside

CHANGE TUNE FROM AUTO TO MANUAL OR VICE VERSA:

1) Get tune from Bin file repository or somewhere. Copy out of someone with same year car as you if you like.
    2) Upload file just as though you would any other file.
    3) Enjoy you now have a M6/A4 program.

QUOTE]

I don't get this, and I'm stuck with an automatic tune, I'm out of credits! Just did 411 swap and accidentally licensed an automatic tune for it, of course no refunds!

How to swap the trans???

I would like to know also.

Tuner in Training
    So when tuning in SD mode, I set the MAF fail to 0HZ to effectively do the same thing as unplugging the MAF, I get that. During the logging process, if the big thing is to not enable PE, why I cant I just set the PE Enable to 105Kpa or higher? Wouldn't that effectively disable PE while tuning, or are there other factors that trigger it? I tried it and it seemed to work after I let it warm up to OT.

You could do that to avoid PE.

The problem is you typically want the extra fuel while at or close to WOT to help keep the cylinders cool, so you don't really want to go that far with it.
    Last edited by schpenxel; 06-26-2016 at 06:15 PM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by lswrangler View Post
    So when tuning in SD mode, I set the MAF fail to 0HZ to effectively do the same thing as unplugging the MAF, I get that. During the logging process, if the big thing is to not enable PE, why I cant I just set the PE Enable to 105Kpa or higher? Wouldn't that effectively disable PE while tuning, or are there other factors that trigger it? I tried it and it seemed to work after I let it warm up to OT.
    DO NOT DISABLE PE...there is no reason to run the risk of running lean. PE is a fixed adder and your error data is based on the difference between commanded AFR and actual WB AFR so the MAF or VE is the element that would need to be modified to correct any fueling deficiencies....

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Hello! Can some one explain me please. Why we don`t use summ between LT and ST for correction and take only LT parameter?

I prefer using LT+ST personally. Some prefer using LT only. Try them both, see what you get..

I can`t get good results (( I have Hummer H2 LQ4 2003year. When I unplug MAF socket all is good and I get from 0 to -4 use only LT. But I read that I have IAT in my MAF because of that I need to leave it plug. And now I can`t get right corrections. Tried to use LT and ST summ. But If I count From LT Fuel Trim and LT Fuel trim graphs I get one corrections. If I use grpah with math parameters LTFT+STFT I get another corrections ((( What I do wrong?(((

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Francuzzz View Post
    I can`t get good results (( I have Hummer H2 LQ4 2003year. When I unplug MAF socket all is good and I get from 0 to -4 use only LT. But I read that I have IAT in my MAF because of that I need to leave it plug. And now I can`t get right corrections. Tried to use LT and ST summ. But If I count From LT Fuel Trim and LT Fuel trim graphs I get one corrections. If I use grpah with math parameters LTFT+STFT I get another corrections ((( What I do wrong?(((
    Start your own thread about this and post tune and a log, you will get help much faster.