Thread: Problems with warm restart and idle after heat soak?

Tuner in Training

Problems with warm restart and idle after heat soak?

Hey guys...I've been having a couple problems after switching to ID2000's from ID1000's on E85. I'm not sure what about the injector change caused the problems, I also switched to the latest beta if that matters.

The first problem is warm restarts. If I let my car get to operating temp and drive it around for awhile, when I turn it off and go to fire it back up again, it will start no problem, but when the RPMs are falling towards idle after it fires it will just die, the only way I can keep it running is if I catch it before it gets to idle and bump the throttle. As long as I do that it will idle fine after that.

The second issue I have is that after everything gets heat soaked, like 30-45 min of driving, my cruise and idle go way rich. I don't have the problem on cold starts, and even after reaching operating temp it's fine for about 30 min or so.

Any ideas on what could be causing either of these issues? I tried to take a log of the car dying on warm restarts but of course it didn't do it (go figure), but you can still see the rich idle and cruise.

Tuner in Training
    For anyone reading, I discovered I entered my short pulse adder incorrectly (I used the wrong table from ID). I just fixed it now.

I'm gonna go upload the tune with the correct data and run russ k idle config one more time and see where that gets me.