Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LNF Guides

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    GHuggins:
    Higher duty cycle = less flow to the wg actuator assembly.
    It should never be anywhere near 100, these solenoids don't last long over 90% DC. A combination of adjusting the Desired Air Load with the WGDC% should allow you to boost your target psi while keeping the WGDC% between 70 and 85%.

Your limit reference is correct. Leaving it at 100% WGDC the ecu would limit boost similar to traction control methods. It would use Max Airload Table and a Max Pressure Ratio table to enable that feature if over-boost was present. There should also be an Over-boost test that most disable in the engine diagnostics tab unless it has moved.

Side note: The optimal spark table and boost control pids have a fairly large effect on AM Turbo spool times.

Hope this post helped. Appreciate all the advice you have given me in the GMV8 section.
    Alex
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuning Addict
    I will say one thing Alex, I think you've helped me more than I have you - quite a few on here in fact, but with that being said I might have to talk to you more over pm's if that's OK. I've tuned a few of these with stock turbo's correcting or at least improving on how other tuners had originally tuned the cars - all of these had stock turbos though...

I've got one now with a relocated MAF due to maf codes and it will no longer boost correctly - it was boosting correctly with the MAF in it's original spot and drove great, but was setting p0101's - wondering if it wasn't setting the p0101 because I was trying to demand too much of the slow spoiling turbo too quickly - resulting in the code setting on occassion... Now it only builds to 10psi unless you floor it out. SO if it's OK, I would be interested in discussing in more detail as to how to set or adjust the proportional, integral and derivative gain tables - I've done lots of reading and experimenting, but it just wouldn't work out. Will do more reading as well... Think I've just been trying to demand too much of them without fully understanding all of the built in controls?

Thanks,
    Greg
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Update to Initial Post: Included link to most common map sensors and their calibration data. Its at the very bottom of the first post.

*Initial post updated IM Testing

*Initial Post Update -- Advance Tuning Section

Commonly used Histograms file added to first post. .XML format

Potential Tuner
    Thank you!

Is there a way to raise boost aside from increasing the cells in the DAL/Torque to Load table? I'm at 20 psi now, flowing 33-33.5 lb/min at 6000 RPM. I am able to flow 34 lb/min at 6500 RPM. It feels like I should shift at 6k RPM for fastest acceleration and that I'm wasting time shifting higher, or have others found 6500 RPM to be a better shift point?
    Should I try to increase the boost a tad more? I heard these K04s are pretty much maxed at 34 lb/min for the efficiency/turbine speed. I'm also running 20* timing at WOT using E40-E47.

Really needed to clarify that these guides are based on the older version of software. The tables and PIDS we used back then still exist today, some just have different names and locations. For the most part these guides can still get you a fair start on this platform and the reading alone is not bad information.
    Updates to first post correcting descriptions and grammar.