Thread: Readiness staus question

Readiness staus question

I have a question on the readiness status. If you look at the pic below you can see everything says N/A except one.
    Attachment 33252
    Here is some info on the VCM
    Attachment 33253
    My question is can I turn these on.
    2002 Chevy ECSB, 6.0 - 4L80, Comp Cam 226/270 .520/.524 Lift 115 Lobe - Magnaflow exhaust -Free flow cats K/N Kit - Electric fans - 3.73

Readiness Status

The only way I can see to turn these on would be in the Engine Diagnostics. But from what I see there already on.

The part I don't understand is the N/A. I would think it would say incomplete or not ready. But N/A leads me to be leave there not part of the os. Which makes no sense. The VCM is a 2001 which is OBD2 and these parameters should be there according to engine setup. Air pump, EGR and so on. If I need a new VCM I'll buy one. I attached a read on my vcm. Am I over looking something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachment 33262
    2002 Chevy ECSB, 6.0 - 4L80, Comp Cam 226/270 .520/.524 Lift 115 Lobe - Magnaflow exhaust -Free flow cats K/N Kit - Electric fans - 3.73

84 hits and no replies. WOW Did I do something wrong.

Any thoughts.

Anyone.....

Did you try flashing the stock tune to see what happens?
    I looked at your tune and all the tests are enabled, so I'm leaning towards a OS mismatch or some change preventings tests from working

Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    Did you try flashing the stock tune to see what happens?
    I looked at your tune and all the tests are enabled, so I'm leaning towards a OS mismatch or some change preventings tests from working
    Thanks for answering. I was getting a complex.

I did flash it back to stock using the write entire. But no change.

I also did a write entire with the 1Bar SD I was using. Still no change.

I've searched the net and forums to find out if the N/A will reset on a drive cycle. From what I found the N/A means the computer is not required to run the test.

Considering I'm 140 miles into the drive test I would say it's safe to say the N/A is going no where. But I'll run it another 60 miles just to see what happens.

I posted this question in another section, but no replies. So I guess it can't hurt to ask here.

Below is the info on the VCM that came out of my truck. I licensed the VCM once before. But then had to have a dealer flash the VCM. After that my license was gone.

Note the VCM-ID and BCC code. Can I buy another license with the VCM-ID and BCC the way it is. I don't know what H P looks for. I would hate to hit commit and end up with no license and 2 credits gone.

If it can be licensed the problem is solved. All the readiness status fields work in this one.

Again, thanks for helping. I appreciate it.

Type: Chevy Silverado (V8) 2002
    VIN: 2GCEK19T521394041
    VCM ID: ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ
    BCC: ????
    ECM Seg 1 ID: 12212156 [Editor] [Scanner]
    ECM Seg 2 ID: 9358516
    ECM Seg 3 ID: 9362607
    ECM Seg 4 ID: 9358336
    ECM Seg 5 ID: 16264444
    ECM Seg 6 ID: 16264676
    ECM Seg 7 ID: 9373522
    ECM Seg 8 ID: 9359161
    ECM Seed: 0

It should read
    VIN: 2GCEK19T521394041
    VCM-ID: 2EB34C9R2133
    BCC: DMNP

You can license it, but it will ask for a year/model license, because the serial number of the PCM is erased (yyyyyy)

I think the best thing to do is find a 100% stock file and license it, then flash it to your PCM. It will only cost 2 credits

readiness

i have the exact same issue. 2002 6.0 manual trans california emissions ecm flashed to federal emissions tune. I am unsure if this readiness status is correct or not, have you recently noticed this change, or is it the first time you have looked for it? The smog referee in my area said that the truck needs catalyst, Evap, and h02 monitors to work, but could not show me a reference that stated this, he was simply going off his "personal experience"
    i can not find an avenue to prove or disprove this, and HP tech cannot give advice regarding emissions, so maybe we both are SOL