Thread: 2010+ Camaro A6 Trans tune vs 2008/9 G8 GT trans tune

Tuner in Training

2010+ Camaro A6 Trans tune vs 2008/9 G8 GT trans tune

Pulled the tune on a friends Camaro today just to look at how it worked and compared it with my G8. Lots of the settings were kind of wacky, like shift time for example. Said -38 for the time, best I could figure was it worked off the adder to adjust the gear to gear change speed.

Big gripe he has with his Camaro is when in manual mode the car wont hang the gear, he can drop the gears and change it but it eventually changes it. I found in one setting for TUTD Range Select it was enabled where as the G8 is disabled. From what I can guess this is why it wont hang the gear, and it's also limited to going into 4th gear instead of 6th like the G8.

I guess one thing I am wondering really is, could I just move all settings from my G8 and have no negative repercussions? Anyone have a Camaro tune maybe with settings that are better than the sloppy factories they are happy with they could maybe share?

A lot of the table settings you can move over. Just be carefull about what you change in the drop down settings as a lot of those have to do with what style shifter is in the car, etc...

Advanced Tuner
    Carefull moving over table settings from the G8, the TUTD settings apply to mph/rpm like Normal or Sport when you want to pick the shift points. If you want 3rd to hang forever for example, simply max out the TUTD WOT mph and RPM for 3rd gear only. That should force the trans to stay in 3rd when in manual mode. Look at what the factory did in G8 for TUTD for the 3-4 shift, TUTD Normal, WOT and RPM.

Tuner in Training
    Will have to look over the file again for the comparo. I remember looking at the mph for the shifts and expected them to be different compared to a GT with the different gearing but they did seem lower than expected.

Will plan to move over the G8 tables for the most part with the exception of MPH changes for gearing and see how it shifts. Friend rode with me in the G8 and said there is no way the trans is the same with how it shifts compared to the Camaro. Told him that is what to expect when you have the factory tuning the trans for everyone, slow subtle shifts that you don't feel and in the end probably cause more wear.