Thread: Blue Delphi C1 connector wanted

Blue Delphi C1 connector wanted

Not sure where to put this, but maybe here it gets the most attention.
    For 2 LSJ swap projects (in rwd Opel Speedster) I urgently need some Delphi "blue" C1 connectors. These are fitted to the P12 ecm and also the GM E40-E67 ecm cars.

Can buy new from EFIconnection, I need these preferably with ~2ft of wires+crimped pins attached and that makes new expensive... So best is a harness cut-off/pigtail.
    (Think the Cavalier/Sunfire 2,2 also has a blue one fitted in the engine harnes, so that is a possible option too.)

One problem; I live in Europe and no US carscrappys with Delphi ecu's here... PM's are welcome.

If you live in Europe ... why not purchase the C1 (Blue) 56 pin Molex connector and Molex terminals directly from Mouser .... and crimp the terminals to the wire yourself.

Mouser part numbers ...

538-33467-005 (terminals) - less than $0.20 each
    538-34576-0703 (connector)

This would allow you to use new components, and the exact length of wire you need.

Hmm, is that identical to the Delphi 56p blue one?
    Does look pretty similar, but not sure if the recesses in the connector part are the same...
    And crimping the small pins might be an issue without the right tool...

Edit; just read the data sheet. It's also a blue resin one. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Speedytec View Post
    ... is that identical to the Delphi 56p blue one? ...
    In your original post you indicated the "Blue" connector you required was used with the E67 - that is the part number I quoted.

If however, the blue connector you require was used with the T42 (or other) - then the part number I quoted is not correct.

You would require a crimp tool. For single use, there are crimp tools in the $30 range that will work. The Molex crimp tool is over $300 - but it works really well.
    Last edited by Shrek; 04-04-2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: - typo

Yes, the blue 56p connector of an LSJ P12 or the E40 and E67 ecm's and this Molex looks identical. Thxs sofar.
    Now let's see if I can find some cheapish crimp tools, as I need to fab around 100 wires i total.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedytec View Post
    ... let's see if I can find some cheapish crimp tools ...
    Ballenger Motorsports (www.lsxtune.com) has one in the $30 range (TOOL-01000). With a little practice and a steady hand these make an acceptable (not perfect) crimp.

Have to correct myself...
    Although the ECM terminals look very similar, the E67 (Molex) connections are slightly different from the E40 and P12 connections. Main difference is in the center raised part...
    Mouser has no Delphi Micro 64 connectors in stock, so back to plan A; new via EFIconnections or a used cut pigtail piece...