Thread: Switching a 98 GT PCM to a 98 GTP Tune

Potential Tuner

Switching a 98 GT PCM to a 98 GTP Tune

I currently have a 98 GT with an unlocked HPT GT PCM, but I have since swapped motors from the L36 to an L67. The car runs, but I need to write a GTP tune to the GT PCM. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!
    Brian

Tuner in Training
    I've basically done the same thing using a 97 GP 3800 NA PCM to run a 97 GTP L67 motor in a car using a 4t60e... because of the wrong transmission linkup in mine no L67 file availible could be used, but i did replace the fuel, spark tables, and injector flow rate from a GTP tune into mine.

Utilizing the Tune repository you could get a 98 gtp tune and use the difference tool to compare the files. You will not be able to save changes to the gtp file without using creds, but you can make your currently open file into a copy of the gtp programming... however, you may still not have control of the boost control solenoid as that was not enabled in the NA pcm tuning... and your knock sensor might not work. (I'm having those issues)

You could either locate a 98 GTP PCM and use new credits on it, or try a full wipe with a gtp tune... which is again the question of not knowing if it is possible...
    Last edited by PontiacFan; 04-18-2012 at 01:35 PM.