Thread: Vehicle computer list?

Vehicle computer list?

Is there a list of what vehicles have what ecu in them? I see a lot of guys saying that they have " E38/E67" How would you know what goes to what vehicle?
    99Z A4 w/ SS LT's, h/f cats, magnaflow catback, port/polish t/b, egr deleted, ls6 intake, lid, 3.73's, hpt, performabuilt level 1 tranny, 3600 stall, Stage 2.5 (5.3 heads), Torquer 2 cam, 42# reworked injectors, TR6 plugs.

2007 Avalanche LTZ - Catback and Eibach springs

Anyone?
    99Z A4 w/ SS LT's, h/f cats, magnaflow catback, port/polish t/b, egr deleted, ls6 intake, lid, 3.73's, hpt, performabuilt level 1 tranny, 3600 stall, Stage 2.5 (5.3 heads), Torquer 2 cam, 42# reworked injectors, TR6 plugs.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Not public. Its taken us years to gather the pcm info for each application
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Not sure why its so "top secret". All I wanted it for was to understand what cars people were tuning when they say "my E38" and I had no clue what yr/make/modle it was. Someone send me this link for it and that answered my question incase anyone else was wondering.

Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 05-09-2012 at 07:27 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by domestic rice View Post
    Not sure why its so "top secret". All I wanted it for was to understand what cars people were tuning when they say "my E38" and I had no clue what yr/make/modle it was. Someone send me this link for it and that answered my question incase anyone else was wondering.
    The list you posted is incomplete...there are alot more pcm's floating around out there than what our competitor offers and alot more applications that use E38 & E67 pcm's.

The reason why its information we don't like to publicly give out is because our software uses this information to read the pcm automatically rather than having for you to go under the hood or digging around in the transmission for your TCM or pcm type. Without this information at least our competitors have to dig a little for this information that we've already taken the hours and hours and hours of time to determine what vehicles use what pcm.

In some cases certain vehicles might use 2 or 3 controllers over just one or two years, our software uses various information to determine which one it is using so you aren't sitting there with laptop in hand scratching your head as to why your system won't read your pcm.

For instance
    2010 Camaro V6 uses an E69 pcm
    2010 Camaro V8 uses an E38 pcm
    2011 Camaro V6 uses an E69 pcm
    2011 Camaro V6 uses an E38 pcm
    2012 Camaro V6 uses an E39 pcm
    2012 Camaro V8 uses an E38 pcm
    2012 Camaro ZL1 V8 uses an E67 pcm

why should we ask our customers to pop the hood and remove the pcm so they can check the service sticker to see which pcm they have? We don't think they should so from day ONE we implemented a complex system to determine what pcm is the more likely for a specific application.

Thanks for your understanding

Bill
    Last edited by Chris@HPTuners; 05-09-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Not public. Its taken us years to gather the pcm info for each application
    Is there anyway you can send me a DM with list of cars/trucks with E38 and E67 computers?

I am looking for either of these ECM's at the Junkyard for a budget LS swap.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Is there anyway you can send me a DM with list of cars/trucks with E38 and E67 computers?

I am looking for either of these ECM's at the Junkyard for a budget LS swap.
    Unfortunately this is not information we provide, sorry.