Thread: Dummy L67 owner

Tuner

Dummy L67 owner

The thread "programming for dummies" started by OZ was very interesting. I just purchased hpt but have not received it yet. So I'm REALLY new at this. Was that thread specific to LS1/LS6 cars or was it a general guide? If so, is there a topic similar to that pertaining to L67 cars? Being so green at this, I'd like a starting place for tuning. Thanks for any info and I'll post a similar topic in the V6 area.
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Re: Dummy L67 owner

90% is either very different or just doesnt apply
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner

Thanks foff67, but does nobody else know about the L67 tuning? Is there a post to start off with. C'mon guys. I read the threads and you guys seem very knowledgable, so help me out gurus.
    2000 GTP- S2X, diamond forged 9.5:1, balanced, Lucas 42.5#, GenV w/N*, stage 3 heads, custom PCM, ZZP SS IC, TOGS, MPS 3.0, Intensified 3.69's tranny - low 12's!!!!

alot of it is trial & error. There's not much here for us V6's, but general questions are answered pretty quick.

The guide you mention is a pretty good start. Try the tips and see what it does.

Find a car club with some owners that are tuning (GrandsOntario, OQGPC or something like that) and post in the V6 section.

I'm still REALLY new, but I've gotten some really good help from some friends. Car Club is your best bet!!
    All Motor 2001 GA GT1

Tuner

I'm a member at 3800pro but thought this would be the place for a "dummy" at programming to start with. A simple starting guide for the L67 is what I was looking for.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

well 90% of the v6 stuff is either in the help files in the program itself or is common sense...5% of the stuff still isnt in hptuners for us to edit...the other 5% is known by very few and was just alot of trial and error...if you read through alot of the v6 posts by missing2, art hansen, myself and the guy with the impala ss you'll figure out what you need to know for the most part.

Tuner

foff67, once again thank you. And I will search thru the threads when I receive the hpt. I won't take alot of your time, but if off the top of your head you can remember a few of the posts dealing with beginning to tune, I'd appreciate it. If not, I'm gonna read till my eyes hurt anyway.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Quote Originally Posted by 00GTP
    foff67, once again thank you. And I will search thru the threads when I receive the hpt. I won't take alot of your time, but if off the top of your head you can remember a few of the posts dealing with beginning to tune, I'd appreciate it. If not, I'm gonna read till my eyes hurt anyway.

read till your eyes hurt...i still do ;D if you need any questions answered once you receive it just im/pm me and I'll help you out as best I can.