Thread: new guy, Tony

Tuner in Training

new guy, Tony

Hey all, I dont know if its commonplace for intros here!?

BUT I figured I would say hi!

Im Tony. New to HPTuners, but not totally new to F/I tuning.

A couple years back I was running a moates ostrich system on an Eagle Talon with success. Well the fuel was never the problem atleast

I have an extensive background in end user IT support. windows/osx/android/ios/blackberry and the integration is my forte. I work with a partner who runs some larger infrastructre stuff. were just starting up! -> Tekko Systems

Im REALLY excited to getting into my HPtuners. Ive got a couple buddies with 99 Silverados Ill be tuning, and Im building my 79 c10 right now with a '05 4.8l 4l80. I didnt know this upfront but I see I can access PCMs from late 90s grand prixs, I look forward to seeing what I can get on my prix with that! And see what I can do for my buddies GTP.

HPTuners looks to me like the best all around solution to the GM platform for tuning. Its broad range of vehicles and controls set it above the rest for me. I know theres others, but after reading about my options, I decided with HPT.

Wish me luck!
    Last edited by asb2106; 04-16-2012 at 02:12 PM. Reason: i think faster than i can type
    Tony B
    02 TrailBlazer LTZ 4.2/4l60e
    01 2500 suburban 6.0/4l80e
    01 2500 suburban 8.1/4l80e

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Welcome
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Welcome! I too work in IT.
    1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

Ported SC/TB, Intense 3.4/3.25 Pulley's, SSAC Headers, AEM Uego Wideband, Devils Own Meth, ZZP 1.9 Modified Rockers, LS6 Springs, Manley Retainers, TransGo Shift Kit, Poly Dogbones, KYB GR2's, GMPP Brake and Suspension Upgrades, Springtech Springs.

Tuner in Training
    Welcome Tony

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys!

I've got a track day with my bike tomorrow, and should be getting into some tuning this weekend at the latest.

Im sure theres going to be alot of questions and forum searching this weekend, sorry in advance if I annoy anyone
    Tony B
    02 TrailBlazer LTZ 4.2/4l60e
    01 2500 suburban 6.0/4l80e
    01 2500 suburban 8.1/4l80e