Thread: Activating Performance Mode 2.4 Grand Am

Potential Tuner

Activating Performance Mode 2.4 Grand Am

I have a pinout of the ecu and bcm of my car i got from the dealer but i dont know what i am looking for to ground to activate performance mode please help and thanks

99 Grand Am 2.4 - LD9

Do you have HPTUNERS? Why would you do this?

Potential Tuner
    Lol I thought no one would ever reply but yes I own hp tuners pro and in the transmission tuning section of my os there are performance tables I want to use them but I can't find out how to put them in effect And the reason I want to do this is the same reason people who added the performance mode button to the grand prix

Senior Tuner
    Not sure if it is available for GA
    I have looked at Mitchel Diag and see nothing I will take a look at GM SI later

Potential Tuner
    Ok cool but if it counts early 99 don't have a bcm the late 99 - 02 2.4 grand ams have a bcm and my car has the bcm

Senior Tuner
    I can not seem to find anything for Grand Ams on SI or google.
    Do not think it was available.

If it is like the 4T40E in the my cavalier once you go full throttle it will use the "performance" tables. I'm not really sure what your trying to do here...

Before HPTuners was available people would ground the wire for the line pressure. Effectively giving you max line pressure all the time, but why not use HPTuners to do it the correct way? People also used to use the B&M shift plus to do the same thing.

Your 99 Grand am should also have the 4T40E trans. You can also reduce the torque reduction tables, or just disable "abuse" mode.

You can also shorten the desired shift times, but the performance tables should already be set to 0.0.

Above everything be careful. If you adjust the mph settings and rpm limit settings, you can inadvertently remove your rev limiter........................ DO NOT MESS with the force current motor settings.
    Last edited by -MD- HHR; 05-22-2012 at 01:59 PM.

Senior Tuner
    I believe he wants the "Performance Shift" Button like in the Grand Prix, unfortunately it is not available as far as I have been able to find.

Oh, lol not going to happen.

Like MD- HHR said, its not going to happen. But there is a simple solution. My 2005 Colorado has Performance Shift tables, but no Performance Shift button. Just copy the Performance Shift tables over your Normal Shift tables----makes a little difference, but it will waste fuel as it delays shift points.
    2.8/3.0/3.2 Pulley/ZZP CAI/1.6 HS Rockers/Hi Energy Comp Cam 76-802-9/LS7 Lifters/ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler/TOG Headers/Triple Edge Performance Stage 3 Transmission/3.29 Ratio/NGK TR6ix IRIDIUM .40 GAP/ZZP Fuel Rails/ZEX 100 shot NOS/GMPP Sway Bars/KYB Adjustable Struts/Power Stop Performance Pads/Rotors