Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Supercharged Grand Am 3400

I just got an Eaton MP62 and beefed a swapped 3400 into a 2001 Malibu. Do you have any pointers with the tune, guages, ect....?

Senior Tuner
    How much boost you running and whats the CR on it? Before boost if your not sure with boost.
    Autometer has a nice 30hg to 15psi boost that is going in mine. Watch the KR and keep it out of boost until you have the non-PE region dialed in. Ive been aiming 12:1 in PE, but think Im going to go deeper at 11.5:1, see how it feels. Autolite 104 plugs gaped at 50 tho is a good starter too. Manual or auto in yours?
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Potential Tuner
    [QUOTE=MMGT1;291376]Don't know if will do you any good. Stage II build, 560lift cam, stage 3 intake, 65mm throttle body, stage II heads with Z06 valve springs and 36lb injectors, headers, exhaust... the bloody works bud, the list goes on

Maybe it would be easier if I try to help you out on yours. Not too bad once you get into it[/QU

my engine is build also but ok sound good

Quote Originally Posted by adrian13 View Post
    I just got an Eaton MP62 and beefed a swapped 3400 into a 2001 Malibu. Do you have any pointers with the tune, guages, ect....?
    Did you buy Phil's Eaton?

Yes, I have Phils Eaton. I haven't swapped the engines yet. I am still waiting for the top end of the engine to be completed. I am running 60lb injectors but haven't installed them yet. I am doing a lot of custom fabrication to the 3.4l uim for more airflow, making like hump to it. I have an intercooler and meth injector kit (SNOW).

I have the 4t45e tranny(auto) but am scared that it won't be able to withstand the boost? I am sure the tune will help but for the output I am looking for with this 320+hp would I need to upgrade to 4t65?

Quote Originally Posted by adrian13 View Post
    Yes, I have Phils Eaton. I haven't swapped the engines yet. I am still waiting for the top end of the engine to be completed. I am running 60lb injectors but haven't installed them yet. I am doing a lot of custom fabrication to the 3.4l uim for more airflow, making like hump to it. I have an intercooler and meth injector kit (SNOW).

I have the 4t45e tranny(auto) but am scared that it won't be able to withstand the boost? I am sure the tune will help but for the output I am looking for with this 320+hp would I need to upgrade to 4t65?
    Personally, I think the 4T45 will work just fine for you. There are a few boosted N-Bodies with mildly built 4T45s (better clutches, that is is) that hold up pretty darn well. Nobody to my knowledge has pushed them far enough to start breaking input shafts and similar parts that W-Body guys break commonly.

I helped install that supercharger onto Phil's car and drove it around with a very heavy foot :P

Senior Tuner
    Well, havent dynoed yet, but herd that guys put down 380 with 36LB injectors at 100% duty. Mine hit 120% and trans did just fine... so probably in the 400hp range through this one. Now I need some friggin 60's... it never ends... lol
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Potential Tuner

Any way I could get a list of parts you used and maybe a tutorial?

Quote Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
    Hey guys, need some help if anyone is willing.

Supercharger went in yesterday and need some input or ideas as to what the hell is going on here...lol I managed to get it to idle, not well, but it will idle. Trims at idle are pretty close actually, but as soon as I put it in gear, trims go negative or positive to the tune of around 35% or so! So, shes going pig rich and if I try to pull away from a stop it bogs like crazy then all of a sudden it kicks in and pulls away. Then when comming to a stop all hell breaks loose. Sometimes it will die, but mostly the rpms will drop to lke 500, you can hear the poor tensioner going beserk, then it will kick in and idle OK.
    So, biggest issues right now seem to be trying to pull away from a stop, fuel trims going huge negative/positive, and comming to a stop. One time it will go rich, then it will go crazy lean when put in drive. Its insane! Look at the log I just did and see if you guys can figure this one out with me

This is a Vortech Belt Driven charger with a vac referenced BOV. If anyone can point me in the direction I need to go I will be forever in your debt guys.... ** Like I'm not already... hahhaha
    I?m trying to supercharge my 2004 Pontiac grand am with a 3400 3.4L V6 think you could help me with how you pulled it off?