Thread: logging E85 AFR with LC1 wideband

logging E85 AFR with LC1 wideband

I'm not sure if it's possible but can the scanner be setup to read the proper AFR for e85? I have my xd-16 gauge displaying the proper stoich value but in the scanner it reads stoich for gasoline.

Advanced Tuner
    You need to use the LM programmer software to change the output of the LC1. Then go into the VCM Scanner and create a user defined EIO input.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatdown Z View Post
    You need to use the LM programmer software to change the output of the LC1. Then go into the VCM Scanner and create a user defined EIO input.
    and I need to use analog out 2 from the LC1 for the wideband setting and need to mimic it's voltages in the scanner for it to display properly?

Advanced Tuner
    If analog out 2 is the factory lc1 wideband output, then yes. I remember trying to program the lc1 narrowband output to wideband and it didn't work.

If analog out 2 is the factory lc1 wideband output, then yes. I remember trying to program the lc1 narrowband output to wideband and it didn't work.
    The output was reading correctly for gas when I was running gas but I'm trying to get the proper stoich reading for e85 in the scanner. As of currently it's still showing a 14:1-15:1 afr reading rather than 9.7:1-9.8:1 afr for e85. I just wanted to clarify that my digital xd-16 gauge is programmed to display a 9.8:1 stoich value and I want it to display the same in the scanner. Sorry if I'm redundant.
    Last edited by emaxxer; 04-22-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    What's your wideband transfer function?

What's your wideband transfer function?
    I'm sorry. Can you please explain? I've never messed with these values.

Advanced Tuner
    So is the scanner showing 9.8:1? And the scanner is not?

If so use the EIO custom AFR table, It looks almost like what is in the xcel above. Just go into LC-1 and see what the LC-1 reads for 0v and 5v and input into those numbers in the AFR table in HPT and it shoud start reading the volts correctly. This may be a little vague but I dont have my laptop in front of me.
    Last edited by HNRClothing; 04-26-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HNRClothing View Post
    So is the scanner showing 9.8:1? And the scanner is not?

If so use the EIO custom AFR table, It looks almost like what is in the xcel above. Just go into LC-1 and see what the LC-1 reads for 0v and 5v and input into those numbers in the AFR table in HPT and it shoud start reading the volts correctly. This may be a little vague but I dont have my laptop in front of me.
    The scanner is still displaying for gas but the xd-16 gauge is showing 9.7:1-9.8:1

Advanced Tuner
    ok go into the LC-1 programming and see what the 0v and 5v is for the E85 stoich. Then input those in a custom eio in the table display and it should read correcly...

Attachment 33722

This is what I'm seeing. I basically don't understand what values to put where.

Just leave wideband reading pumped gas and go for a 12.0 afr and call it good. You don't have to change the way it reads. The only place it will mess with you is wot tuning cause you will need to see what kind of error you are getting on each and cell. What you will have to do then is make a custom wideband pid to convert the input signal from a stoich 14.7 to a stoich of what ever you are commanding like 9.79. Then you will need a custom error pid to get the correct error between what car is commanding and what wideband is showing. Sound easy?

Advanced Tuner
    he should be able to do it if the scanner AFR reads E85 stoich and so does his controller. That will only work though if the stoich can be changed through HPT to ~9.8. If it cant then you should do like Laser is saying.

Advanced Tuner
    Lambda!!!

Any fuel You use it's good to have gasoline settings, to 14.7 which corresponds to lambda 1, it doesn't matter what fuel is in. It's just simple calculation from lambda values.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl