Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LNF Boost taper and missing timing!

Advanced Tuner
    Ahhhh, the infamous 3k rpm timing drop.

I can tell you it can be tuned out. I've seen the ign timing, hp and trq drop in just about every log and dyno chart I've seen posted. And out of all the tunes I've seen, I've never seen anyone else with the proper settings in the tune to control ign timing. And not just the 3k dip, I'm talking about cold start, idle, midrange, full throttle, etc.

Let's just see if somebody else jumps in with any tips or fixes. Here's a couple screen shots of my ign timing. And for those that are interested in how well the EFR turbo and the Werks/gmtech stainless exhaust manifold combination spools, this log shows almost 30psi at 3600rpm. It's not showing in the pic, but it's also with the wastegate duty cycle at only 83%. It will usually hit 16psi before 3k rpm and would push 30psi all the way to 7500rpm, but I usually keep a smooth 25-28-25 curve to it. (Spikes to 25psi, climbs to 28 and tapers down to 25 at 7500rpm.) The second screen shot is showing a rock steady 20* ign timing on a 37* ambient temp cold start and idle. I've never seen anyone else post a cold start and idle that looks like that. I'd love to see one if anyone has one they want to show. I've been waiting for over a year for somebody else to step up and share this info. Either they just don't know, or my attempts at getting the "experts" to "learn and share" have failed.

Last edited by gmtech16450yz; 05-09-2012 at 02:05 PM.

ill have to do one for ya.
    2008 Sky RL