Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: LNF Guide Videos

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    standard lnf config
    when i use this it about half of the pids in the table display listed show <unsupported parameter>. what am i not doing thats not letting me see the parameters?

all i did was open up 2.23beta vcm scanner then open this config.
    2008 Sky RL

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Close on the maf part.... Boost prop gains are gm stage kit in the videos. All u need to do is raise the max pressure limit. I didn't go over the rest because it's very advanced. Hence alot is left out like cams, some timing tables, and alot of boost control stuff.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Unseen parameters need to have the custom pids loaded so you will have to make them and plot them. Should have a video for basic scanner operation which I think I have at the verry top. Listed them in order of importance iirc

sweet once i learn how to do pids i think the maf part will make more sense and ill be able to do the calibration. otherwise everything else is done.

i need the scanner to see what kind of tune i have from trifecta then compare it to the basic one i made.
    2008 Sky RL

It helps to double-check the PIDs for histos that do show. I had trouble when I started because I assumed a histo was right. Once I checked the PID for it, I found it was wrong.

thats the problem i cant make histograms because i cant find/make the pids.

watched the youtube video already but i cant use the pids being put in the table display because theyre not there. cssob said i can make and plot them but i cant figure it out for the life of me.

tried going to insert>configure user defined>undefined>function (?) but i cant find any of the pids being used in the video in the parameters section.

im so lost with this lol.
    2008 Sky RL

I'm thinking from your post that you may be going about it the wrong way. The user-defined PIDs are calculations based on available sensors. There should be a little question mark button to click so you can see available sensors/PIDs. If no one jumps in first, I'll post up a click by click explanation not so much to teach you how to use PID, but to make sure you are clicking in the right places.

man ive literally been on this forum all day trying to figure this stuff out. the scanner is by far the most difficult part for me to grasp right now. ive searched everything everywhere and even used google to no avail. maybe im asking the wrong questions, idk. i feel like im in school again scratching my head cause i dont know anything lol. thanks anything would be helpful right now.
    2008 Sky RL

Construct LT+ST PID and add to histogram

1. Open VCM scanner. (or close scan from Scan>Close Log File if already open)
    2. Click Display>Histograms to get Histogram table to open.
    3. Click Histogram settings on the Histogram window. (to the right of '12')
    4. Select the histogram to use. I'm starting with a blank one.
    5. Click on the '<click to insert or change>' next to 'PID:'
    6. Double-click on 'Configure User Defined' on the 'Insert Parameter' window.
    7. Select the '<undefined>' PID you wish to define.
    8. If all grayed out, select Scan>Close Log File from the top, select a different parameter number and then click back to the one selected in the previous step.
    9. Type LT+ST in the Name box.
    10. Type LT+ST in the Abbv box.
    11. Leave the sensor as 'None'.
    12. Select '%' for the units.
    13. Clear the function box and click the '?' button.
    14. See that '[PID.6] is STFT on the Help box. Copy '[PID.6]' to function box.
    15. Put a '+' after the '[PID.6]' in the function box.
    16. Look back at the Help box. See that LTFT is '[PID.7]'. Copy that to function box.
    17. Function box contains '[PID.6] + [PID.7]'. Click the X to close the 'Configure User Defined Parameters' window.
    18. Agree to commit changes.
    19. Click on the '<click to insert or change>' next to 'PID:' on the 'Histogram Configuration Window'.
    20. Double-click the PID you created.

Congrats, you've added the PID to a histogram. Now you would click on the Row & Col axis tab and define the sensors and values for each axis.
    If you need help with that, I can post another step-by-step later.

wow that makes sooooo much more sense now i really appreciate the help. i couldnt find a single thread or post on how to do that.

ill see what i can do with this new found knowledge now but if i have any more questions ill definitely be sure to ask. thanks again!
    2008 Sky RL

also another thing, in cssob vid he has a "normal" pid list, not user defined, with pids that i dont have. some of them included boost sensor lores and knock retard for each cylinder.

why do i not have all of these pids? did he make those too? when i made one it put it under the "user defined" section at the bottom of the list but all the ones im missing are coming from the top under "pid list".
    2008 Sky RL

When you open either the sensor or the PID config screens, the ones you have available to you are highlighted. PIDs based on sensors you do not have will not work. I've attached the list showing expanded Engine>Airflow PIDs I have available for my vehicle. Notice that valid PIDs are a different color. This configuration window should be the one you get in step 7 & 19 of my list above. I just scrolled to the top of it. Are these items missing for you?

CBSSOB, I have noticed that I am commanding 16 degrees top end and I have 0 knock... when I view my logs I am only getting about 12 degrees on top end. Is this normal?
    2007 Sky Redline

Thanks in advance

No it's pulling retard from a table or two. Are all of your timing tables the same?

i figured out what was wrong. i didnt have a laptop when i started this so i tried doing it on my desktop which doesnt have those pids but once i hooked up a laptop to my car and started scanning most of them were there. guess it was just my computer since it wasnt hooked up to the car and couldnt read the parameters. time to try this again with the laptop!
    2008 Sky RL

Oooh, I didn't realize you weren't actually looking at a scan. Good deal. I should think that many of your <unsupported...> errors disappeared after it was able to pull the valid sensors information.

yeah i was able to everything once i did it on the laptop. i didnt realize it until i got on the laptop and did everything in the video but the lnf.cfg that cbssob posted is the same one in the video he posted with everything in it already. before when i checked it on my desktop it didnt show much of anything. stupid desktop screwing me all up and making everything more confusing than it actually was.
    2008 Sky RL

ok so what happened to you is the program did not recognise the sensors being read because it had not initially read ecu to make a list of actual sensors available to picked from.

when you plug the scanner in and tell it to connect it take a quick second to gather a list of all the available senors available to be read from that particular ecu. if you just open it willy nilly sometimes things dont show up.

thats exactly what happened. once i scanned the car and went back to try it again all of the sensors were there making it possible to follow along with the awesome tutorial you made.

got a tune made up from following you vids just gotta find time to drive it to adjust the maf then fine tune it.

thanks again for the great videos, theyre a life saver!
    2008 Sky RL

Tuner in Training
    is that maf calibration video how I would tune for a maf relocate?