Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: LNF Guide Videos

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner132 View Post
    is that maf calibration video how I would tune for a maf relocate?
    Tune the exact same way.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    the only difference is to make sure the lower charge pipe the maf is in has a small gap between the intercooler and the intake manifold. for some reason if the tube is touching either of those two it will make the maf read funny sporatically.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training

Exclamation

What do you guys do for MAF calibration and Correction for high altitude cars.

I live in Colorado and the density altitude goes from like 5000ft to 9000f't in hours. Also Colorado will be 40°F in the morning and 90°F in the afternoon.

The people I've talk to are usually surprised by how thin the air is. Literally I can drive a couple miles in a direction and there will be a 300ft to 1000ft difference in altitude.

Thanks.
    Last edited by vahdyx; 05-24-2012 at 10:42 PM.
    Novice car guy with a 2009 Cobalt SS Turbocharged fully bolted with big wheel turbo upgrade aka K04+

you would have to to drive through both areas of altitude durring logging to get the average trims of both altitudes. there should be a baro correction factor but we dont have control of it. you will have to use the dual zone averages and follow the same steps to tune. you might be suprised that the factory baro corrections might land those values pretty close to eachother already without changing...i ohnestly would know those scanner results since my elevation has always been sealevel.

Tuner in Training
    Okay, so it's best to just drive through all the variables, How about temp changes? Should I do a morning log then a afternoon log and just keep applying them to Correction and Calibration?
    Last edited by vahdyx; 05-25-2012 at 03:21 PM.
    Novice car guy with a 2009 Cobalt SS Turbocharged fully bolted with big wheel turbo upgrade aka K04+

Tuner in Training
    So i emailed trifecta about a maf relocate and he said he hates them because they dont work properly most of the time. Is that true?
    Last edited by Roadrunner132; 05-25-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Tuner in Training
    In the boost control video you said you had the gms1 tune. Where did you get that tune? If I had that then all I would have to do is edit for the maf relocate and the stock sensors since I dont have the gms1 sensors. I feel like that would be a nice base to tune.
    Last edited by Roadrunner132; 05-25-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Tuner in Training
    And thanks for these videos there extremely helpful.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner132 View Post
    So i emailed trifecta about a maf relocate and he said he hates them because they dont work properly most of the time. Is that true?
    lol. No.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks cobalssoverbooster!! These vids really helped me a lot and gave me the courage to tune my own car. Again i really appreciate it!

Edit: Could you do one on running E and show what tables need to be adjusted and why
    Last edited by Donkeyballs; 05-25-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkeyballs View Post
    Thanks cobalssoverbooster!! These vids really helped me a lot and gave me the courage to tune my own car. Again i really appreciate it!

Edit: Could you do one on running E and show what tables need to be adjusted and why
    ^This^ please
    06 GTO BOOSTED 440CI Self Tuned
    09 COBALT SS S256,TREADSTONE IC and much more...Silverbullet08 Tuned!

e is not available here in fl

how about a vid on cam changes/phasing (not sure if they mean the same thing or what the difference is)?
    2008 Sky RL

Yea I guess I can put that on my list of to do. I'm still watching a few threads to add to my list as an update. I think 1 is ready but a few others need to devolope more to be helpful.

Potential Tuner
    First off, thanks for all the guides. Without them I'd mainly just be .

One thing I can't seem to get to work though, in the scanner I set up the custom PIDs and loaded the histograms as outlined in your videos and on this thread, however when I start logging, the only thing that ever populates in the Load% vs RPM tables is only in the first column. Also on the top of the histogram "Load" is not there, its just the % symbol. However when I open up the Histogram configuration for that particular chart it clearly says Load next to sensor. Am I missing something? This is driving me crazy. I'm on beta 2.23

Disregard.. I figured it out. (Go me!) In your video's, Air Load % wasn't added to the Table Display so I missed it. I assume this is because I'm on newer software as I didn't need to split the MAF up into 3 different Histo's as well. Again thanks for the vids!
    Last edited by Devlyn; 10-27-2012 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Fixed it.

Update: New Video Added
    If you watch please deliver input to help control quality

Also as stated ^above the maf sensor hz axis in the editor will fit into 1 histogram in the scanner. This came with a new release of the HPT software. Thank you Devlyn!
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 04-05-2013 at 04:50 PM.

so the only reason to alter injector constant is for e blends? theres no need to do that if youre just running 91 or 93 right?
    2008 Sky RL

If your total maf base average is off by less than 5% that won't help you

Tuner
    Hey dude:

Watched your videos n whatnot, but I seem to have a bit of a problem that I'd rather not experiment too much with.. so far, nothing bad has happened But here it is:

According to your video, you were saying to put Dal at 270 above 3k rpm
    WG duty cycle reduced to between 60-70%

Basically, I'm having boosting problems but it doesn't seem kosher.. I've tried the DC's at 75, 70, 60, and 50. Boost has been at around 13, 12, 11, 10 or less matching the duty cycles... however, when I open up a log, it's saying that boost is roughly
    18psi@3500 36psi@4000 59psi@4400 60psi@4800 66psi@5300 and 73psi@5700 That's just not possible so what's happening here? Car is definitely weak, but stronger than a factory base tune. I guess it isn't bad for the amount of boost I'm getting, but what's making this all whacked out? The DAL tables are too high at 270? Drop to 255 and up the Wg DC's? Kinda shooting in the dark here lol.. new to all this, but I remember watching a guy Hp tune my car 4 years ago and it looked so easy.. he adjusted like 2 or 3 things and it ran like a beast totally stock. Now I'm modified a fair bit, basically fully bolted and with a ported head stage 1 cam combo dealio.. I have the ZFR but haven't installed it yet.. need more parts before I can do that so I'm trying to get a feel for this tuning stuff before I do that anyways. Used to deal with Vince@trifecta but his tunes have become total crap, worse than usual, although they weren't half bad tbh; one of my buddies in town here has a tune that didn't even get modified from having his first mod, to basically being fully bolted and apparently (there's a guy 3 hrs away who can read Vince's tunes) the tune is just whacked right out. Idk if you're the "go-to" guy, but you did the videos so I figured I'd ask the source first. I had initially asked Term for help in tunes 2-3 weeks ago, but the response I got was that he'd basically do it for me.. I'd much rather learn it on my own since I'm kind of into this sort of thing, even though I'm old lol. I love modding cars and being able to do my own tunes, would be the bomb.

Thanks bro, Lmk what you can.. no hurry, I use another car as my DD anyways (Focus ST)
    Ps. I sent a Pm as well.. exact same

Tuner
    On a sidenote, I've been thinking.. it's quite possible that certain things should be tuned in a certain order... ie. I think I read somewhere in the past few days that the MAF should be calibrated first before doing anything else; dunno if that's true or not, but if there's an order to it, it wouldn't be a bad idea to put your how to video list in the correct order and let people know that. Idk, maybe you already have and I'm just a moron but it's all good.
    It's quite possible that that is in fact my problem.. but I'd like to know before I do anything else with it. Figured I would've had a response by now, but I was wrong lol.. if I don't hear anything in the next 3 days, I guess I'll just start experimenting and see what happens.
    Thanks in advance