Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: LNF Guide Videos

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Maf sets the fuel average per incoming air measurement. Maf base multiplies the maf to make it 3D plotted

Tuner in Training
    I know the thread is kinda old but I'm watching these videos now and tuning my car with the knowledge I have and am learning from you. But I'm having a couple issues I don't know how to solve. 1. I have knock
    2. I can't get my fuel trims LT+ST to get even close to zero. I'm off by +-6-18 at some spots. I've gotten it closer than it was but no where close to where it's supposed to be.
    3. I can't get my scanner to record boost. Any help at all would be appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    Cptn2469, start a new thread and include the most current tune with the most current log so we can see where the knock is. Also let us know what your next plan was for fuel trims so we know your method and we can tell you if you are going in the right direction or if you are way off. As for your scanner not recording boost it is probably not added to the table. Double check that because it should show values even in that window. Any questions just ask in the new discussion you start.

how have I not watched these until now lol

384whp/303wtq
    Built 2.0LSJ: TVS w/2.6, 1000cc, Stage 2 cams, custom fuel system, E85, Dual Pass, 3"intake, 3" Catless exhaust, CIA midlength Header

Tuner
    Just curious CSSOB... do you have anything for injector pulse widths and/or timings? Was kinda lookin on the forums for this type of info and can't find anything. Reason I'm asking is cuz a buddy of mine who I've tuned is getting a new fuel injector rail with the upgraded injectors on it from ZZP (he's near stock), and I may get it as well since I'm going to get a little more serious this year. My understanding is that they run 135# while the stockers are rated at 120#, thus more fuel is being fed in.. I suppose I could just adjust Pe, but I'd much rather do it properly I'm not too worried about my own, but definitely his since it doesn't need more fuel.. I believe one of his injectors has been on the fits since he bought the car. Random misfires on only cylinder 3 and we've changed multiple things such as coil packs, plugs, maps, evap, etc. Only a couple of things left to try. It seems to be compensating for the possible lack of fuel in cylinder 3 now and is basically flooding the car, fouling the plugs within 200 kms of driving. His car's a woman.... I suppose I should've put this somewhere else, but ya lol.. injector windows wouldn't be a bad thing to add in here anyways.
    Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...n-to-Cam-Table

If I remember correctly you just adjust injector constant for the injectors.

The link I posted though will show you what the injector table is used for.

i originally mapped the window out to cam profiles in a separate thread.. it should be listed in the lnf bible.
    mikes thread is a little more up to date. but verifies the same things i had going on in my R&D stent
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Yes me and CSSOB had the same conclusion in our posts we just had it applied and discussed differently if I remember his post correctly. Definitely hit him up with questions. He spends a lot of time pointing people in the right direction.

Potential Tuner
    This is was very helpful, thanks CSSOB. This is a noob question for sure, but I followed your config video and I seem to be having an issue with anything I plot against load. I noticed a glimpse of your normal config (5:33 in video) and it had "Air Load" and "Calculated Load". These were not mentioned in the config setup video and I think my histograms are not right because I am not collecting the proper load data. What PID/Sensor is used to collect Load information?

Tuner in Training
    Hello

the videos are no longer available on youtube, has someone saved these videos?

Potential Tuner
    Really wish I would have! They have been my go to in a playlist for years. Really regret not downloading these. CSSOB We need our hero back!

Quote Originally Posted by dracer2474 View Post
    Really wish I would have! They have been my go to in a playlist for years. Really regret not downloading these. CSSOB We need our hero back!
    Sorry, wish things were different. Even though I don't have a ton of free time to assist, I do think about all of you in this forum quite a bit. I enjoy reading the progress and hearing about all the issues you guys overcome. Keep up the great work.

Potential Tuner
    CSSOB, so thats a no on the videos then? They helped me out alot when i first started using hptuners for my lnf. Now after a little 2 month or so hiatus, i couldnt find them either. I know you put alot of work into this platfrom as i continuously read stuff from over 10 years ago and am still able to figure somethings out, and i certainly appreciate it.

Correct, thats a no on the videos.

Potential Tuner
    Ehh thats alright man. I appreciate all the good info ya'll found out ~10 years ago.

Tuner in Training
    Just found this...shoot, wish there were videos too. I guess that whole "once it's on the interent, it's there forever" warning isn't always the case . Great work on all this.