Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2011 5.3 silverado tune

Potential Tuner
    I know this is an old thread but I'd like to try this tune. Like JWWOC02 I'm not entirely sure which shift and tcc parameters to take out for 3.08. All of the Auto TCC and Auto Shift Speeds? Leave all pressures and shift times the same? Correct?

Tuner
    Pm bro I can help
    Josh Performance Tuning (956)784-0059
    https://www.facebook.com/joshperformancetuning

I used the RUSS tune on my company truck (2011 5.3) and im getting a lot of KR to the point that I can hear it inside the cab. I run 87 octane in the truck and added a filter system I had laying around. I attached my data log from part throttle city driving. The transmission setting is bad ass if I might add!

Any suggestion to make it run better with 87 octane? Since the data log I flashed the stock engine tune back in.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by regorih View Post
    I used the RUSS tune on my company truck (2011 5.3) and im getting a lot of KR to the point that I can hear it inside the cab. I run 87 octane in the truck and added a filter system I had laying around. I attached my data log from part throttle city driving. The transmission setting is bad ass if I might add!

Any suggestion to make it run better with 87 octane? Since the data log I flashed the stock engine tune back in.
    Have you looked at the massive timing table in Russ's tune? You can't blindly plop that in there and be on 87 octane. Gonna have to revamp the timing.
    06 Grand Prix GXP, LS4-full bolt ons, Tuned by me

Quote Originally Posted by GXPLS4 View Post
    Have you looked at the massive timing table in Russ's tune? You can't blindly plop that in there and be on 87 octane. Gonna have to revamp the timing.
    That's not massive timing, as I zeroed the AFR spark & cam spark tables. And 87 octane fuel is used on that tune. If you have audible spark knock, then either the AFR and or cam spark tables are not zeroed, or there is a mechanical problem with the engine.

Russ Kemp

Thanks Russ. I have hook a wideband durring luch sometime this week and see what the AFR looks like and maybe some new plugs. The truck has 77k miles and im pretty sure it's the stock plugs.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for sharing this tune Russ!

I've used parts of it on my 2012 and been very impressed.

I don't claim to be an expert in anyway, but I am trying to learn and have a question. Did you not see benefit in entering PE at a TP less than the stock setting of 87%? It seems really high. I'm trying to keep fuel economy and the tune safe, but would appreciate your thoughts.

Sorry to bump an old thread!
    2000 Camaro SS
    226/232 .609/.604 113+4* cam
    American Racing Longtube headers, catted-y, GMMG
    ls6 intake

I have mine at 65% throttle, alot better than 87% like factory.

I never see that high of throttle percent when just running around town or on the freeway.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Russ .. I'm a newby .. looking for a decent tune for my 2012 GMC 5.3
    3:42 gears and 20 inch tires

Tuner in Training

Tune

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Before you hurt something, copy the trans & engine tables from this tune I did for a regular long time customer. Don't use the shift or tcc lock up speed tables, because his has 3.42 gears & 275/55R/20 tires.

Does your truck really have 3.08 gears & that tall of a rear tire?

Russ Kemp
    Where can I find Russ's tune file ... better question how do I find Russ tune
    the truck specs on that 2011 sounds exactly like what my 2012 is... if I knew how to find his file I should be able to copy the entire tune

Tuner in Training
    How can I get Russ's tune file on the 2011

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jphall View Post
    How can I get Russ's tune file on the 2011
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 8850; 04-12-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you ... firing up the laptop

Tuner in Training
    do I need to buy the lic to make this work

Tuner
    open your tune then open compare file which will be Russ 's file then you can see what is different and copy over from Russ's file to yours. the differences will be highlighted.

Tuner in Training
    Got it thank you... at wot the Rpm's
    Drop between shifts then kick hard trying to figure that out now

Tuner
    post a log with it doing such. with out a log file it would be hard to see what is happening.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Before you hurt something, copy the trans & engine tables from this tune I did for a regular long time customer. Don't use the shift or tcc lock up speed tables, because his has 3.42 gears & 275/55R/20 tires.

Does your truck really have 3.08 gears & that tall of a rear tire?

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Man I'm still learning .. I downloaded Russ tune ...everything is good except I'm getting a code for no transfer case module.. I don't have a 4wd .. you wouldn't happen to know how I can tell it I don't have a transfer case and not to look for it

Did you change anything you should not have?

Like shift pattern types or tables that deal with TCC on a 4wd truck?

You didn't license that tune and write it to your vehicle now did you? Hopefully you just copied over shift time, shift pressure and pressure preset tables. There are a ton of tables that should be not be copied if you do not have not a 4WD truck and keep in mind that your tire size/gear ratio could be different on aswell and make other tables not mesh right.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.