Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2011 5.3 silverado tune

Tuner in Training
    [QUOTE=5FDP;479057]Did you change anything you should not have?

Like shift pattern types or tables that deal with TCC on a 4wd truck?

You didn't license that tune and write it to your vehicle now did you? Hopefully you just copied over shift time, shift pressure and pressure preset tables. There are a ton of tables that should be not be copied if you do not have not a 4WD truck and keep in mind that your tire size/gear ratio could be different on aswell and make other tables not mesh right

Yes I licensed the tune and figured it would be easier to take out parameters that I couldn't use.. my truck specs are the same as the truck that tune was for .. I screwed up not even thinking about the tune being a 4wd ... go ahead say it ...
    My truck ran great with the russ tune. Even broke the tires loose as it hit second gear. Fuel mileage went up to 21mpg at average between city and hwy .. felt good at normal driving.
    Wasted 2 credits Grrrr put stock tune back in and now will just use Russ tune as a guide ... I know I should have in the first place ... did I mention a 6 pack was involved

Tuner
    like stated earlier open your tune then at top click on the compare button open compare file(Russ's) file then go and change the items you need to change. problem with going the way you did is that is could possibly change some of the TAC parameters and that could cause limp mode. Any and all tables that are different will be high lighted. when using the copy and paste in the tables make sure all the column and row axis are the same. there is a way to see all differences in the two tune on one list but I don't have HP here at work so I would not want to tell you the wrong way but I think it is using the compare button and then show all or something like that.

Just went and confirmed if you hover over the compare button then select show all differences you will get a list of all differences between the two tunes and from there you can select the one you are thinking about changing. when you select the item it will open that particular table and you can compare and verify if you want to change or not. just make sure that the column and row axis are the the same if not you might need to use as a template and put your own values in.
    Last edited by ke5gnz; 04-14-2017 at 06:29 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for your help...
    I will give it a try later today..
    I'm really fumbling through this as none of my buddy's are into this type of tuning .. they are still running carbs and distributors .. so I'm on my own. Really do appreciate your responses and help ..thank you

Potential Tuner
    Used the Russ tune, but getting a little KR. I didn't get on it much but the truck is very responsive noticeably faster. Please take a look at the attached scan. Just got HP Tuners and just opened a can of worms lol. Buy the way, I am on 87 octane.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is everything else stock?

Seems weird that the short term trims are yanking out 10-20% worth of fuel most of the time.

Post the tune.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    27 july expanded view changes.hpt27 july.hplyea, everything is stock

So this is the Russ tune that I copied over. Thanks for taking a look at it BTW

Small word of advise, you can't copy everything over. Mainly because you may not know what certain changes may do.

Things like the MAF curve are thing you should not copy over, you yourself haven't made or needed to make adjustments to the curve to correct fueling. By doing so you just added fuel all over the airflow table when you don't even know if it needed it. Return the MAF airflow vs freq back to stock. That will likely return the trims to normal.

Don't be surprised if you can't run higher timing with crap 87 octane while running a fairly lean AFR at full throttle. I'd lower the AFR to 12.2-12.4 instead of 12.6 and run atleast mid grade 89 if you want higher timing.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Small word of advise, you can't copy everything over. Mainly because you may not know what certain changes may do.

Things like the MAF curve are thing you should not copy over, you yourself haven't made or needed to make adjustments to the curve to correct fueling. By doing so you just added fuel all over the airflow table when you don't even know if it needed it. Return the MAF airflow vs freq back to stock. That will likely return the trims to normal.

Don't be surprised if you can't run higher timing with crap 87 octane while running a fairly lean AFR at full throttle. I'd lower the AFR to 12.2-12.4 instead of 12.6 and run atleast mid grade 89 if you want higher timing.
    Yes and work a little bit on his VVE table too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner
    Thanks guys, I give this a go

Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Yes and work a little bit on his VVE table too.
    i can use Russ file for sierra 2010 5.3 ? i see different parameter between 2010 and 2011 transmission
    also how i can doing VE VS fuel tirms ? like your picture

thank you

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost ksa View Post
    i can use Russ file for sierra 2010 5.3 ? i see different parameter between 2010 and 2011 transmission
    also how i can doing VE VS fuel tirms ? like your picture

thank you
    Just set up your configuration like schpenxel has done here: https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...621#post416621

Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Just set up your configuration like schpenxel has done here: https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...621#post416621
    thank you bro
    i can use Russ transimision parameter ? i see different between 2010 and 2011 ?

Potential Tuner
    Does anyone have the russ tune that they could send me thanks in advance

Tuner in Training
    do you still need it? its on the first page, thats where i found it
    I'm sure I can figure it out.... eventually

Potential Tuner
    im also looking for help on a similar issue. im new to tuning, ordered my hp tuners because its always something I found interesting. a cousin of mine wants me to help his gen 4 4.8 because its a turd lol. any pointers of where to start to add some power? or a tune I can go off to learn. TIA