Thread: No Single Vehicle License Option????

No Single Vehicle License Option????

As the title says, I'm trying to purchase a license for a 2000 Corvette and after reading entire, and the license screen pops up, the only options are;

No License, Year/Model License (6 credits), Unlimited GM GEN III (21 credits).

NO option for single vehicle (2 credits) license.

Also the Serial number is just a bunch of yyyyyyy.

Attached is a screen snapshot.

2004 GTO A4
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION....
    Previous E.T. 10.66 @ 130 mph
    http://www.mongillomotors.com/1066vid.html
    2008 G8
    LS3 76mm Turbo. 582rwhp
    2003 S600 Mercedes
    V12 Twin Turbo 21psi 600 rwhp
    2007 Factor Five GTM
    Twin Turbo forged LS6 600rwhp
    2015 Polaris Slingshot
    Tune & DR

www.ProEdgeTuning.com

Tuning with HPTuners & Mustang MD-1100 Chassis Dyno
    Wallingford, CT.

[email protected]

The PCM has been programmed previously thus the yyyyyy in the serial. Your PCM has no serial number so you won't be able to do a single vehicle license.

Another alternative is to re-program your PCM back to stock with a Tech2 (best bet) with your VIN.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Thanks for the insight.

Since my customer just drove 2+ hours to get here, it is easier to just license the model year. Unfortunately I only had 2 credits left and I'm playing the waiting game for the new keycode.

Just started snowing here so the customer had to trailer the car back to New York
    2004 GTO A4
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION....
    Previous E.T. 10.66 @ 130 mph
    http://www.mongillomotors.com/1066vid.html
    2008 G8
    LS3 76mm Turbo. 582rwhp
    2003 S600 Mercedes
    V12 Twin Turbo 21psi 600 rwhp
    2007 Factor Five GTM
    Twin Turbo forged LS6 600rwhp
    2015 Polaris Slingshot
    Tune & DR

www.ProEdgeTuning.com

Tuning with HPTuners & Mustang MD-1100 Chassis Dyno
    Wallingford, CT.

[email protected]

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by edgZ06
    Thanks for the insight.

Since my customer just drove 2+ hours to get here, it is easier to just license the model year. Unfortunately I only had 2 credits left and I'm playing the waiting game for the new keycode.

Just started snowing here so the customer had to trailer the car back to New York
    Keys are instant, if you didn't receive it check your customer login page at www.hptuners.com have it sent to your email on your profile.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    We're running into this same issue!

We've tried 2 different pcms, and each time my friend uses his HPT cable to back the file up it comes up without a serial # (shows all y's), and it doesn't let him license it. However, after opening the saved backup a few different times, it did let him attempt to license it w/ 2 credits (obvious bug in the software), and it used his 2 credits, the vehicle shows up under "License Info", but when he opens the file up it allowed him to license it tells him it's not licensed, and then gives him the screen again where he has to use 6 credits (gives no 2 credit option because of the serial # showing y's). Basically, he lost 2 credits here (any help for him on that?).

FWIW, the vehicle we're using it on is a '95 RX-7 w/ a 402 swap (the car has an '02 Camaro A4 wiring harness). We're using a Tech 2 w/ a bench flasher, and flashing in factory 2002 F-Bod A4 files. Should we try it in the car?

I have full model year licensing on most everything, but he wants to use his cable.
    Last edited by RWTD; 10-21-2009 at 05:46 PM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

Senior Tuner
    Edit: We just used the Tech2 to flash it in the car and now the Serial # shows up, as well as the BCC #. Does anyone know why the serial # and BCC doesn't get inputted when bench flashing versus flashing in the car? FWIW, he's NOT using a body control module in this conversion, so that's not the reason. Thanks in advance!

I still need to talk to support about the 2 credits he lost.
    Last edited by RWTD; 10-21-2009 at 06:13 PM.
    Formerly known as RWTD

Toys: '22 Tesla Model S Plaid / '20 Chevy Duramax / ?20 Sea-Doo RXT-X (2)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWTD View Post
    However, after opening the saved backup a few different times, it did let him attempt to license it w/ 2 credits (obvious bug in the software), and it used his 2 credits, the vehicle shows up under "License Info", but when he opens the file up it allowed him to license it tells him it's not licensed, and then gives him the screen again where he has to use 6 credits (gives no 2 credit option because of the serial # showing y's). Basically, he lost 2 credits here (any help for him on that?).
    The file either does or it doesn't have a vcm id number its not a bug. More than likely he opened a file that does have a vcm id number & licensed it and then tried writing that file to his pcm.

Same problem here. Sucks.

So, if my friend has an exact same year vehicle, can I license his file as a single vehicle (with a valid VCM ID) and write entire mine with the HPTuners unit? Then I could just change the VIN...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by general23cmp View Post
    So, if my friend has an exact same year vehicle, can I license his file as a single vehicle (with a valid VCM ID) and write entire mine with the HPTuners unit? Then I could just change the VIN...
    Sure, as long as you have the year/model license

Thanks. I sent an email to you asking a similar question. Why cant I just license the good file for 2 credits and write entire? Do you not license the VCM ID?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by general23cmp View Post
    Thanks. I sent an email to you asking a similar question. Why cant I just license the good file for 2 credits and write entire? Do you not license the VCM ID?
    Because you need to have a license for the vcm id number in the pcm

Advanced Tuner
    same issue here, im a gm tech so i flashed 2 different ecm's with my mdi and tis software and still cant register either one with htp,, the serial number is just yyyy's ?? niether of these ecm's were tuned with any software before they are fresh take outs from the salvage yard

2002 camaro ecm's
    2010 camaro L99, Magnacharger TVS 2300, 415ci LS3,Kooks long tubes, yank ss3200, 3.73 rear

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
    same issue here, im a gm tech so i flashed 2 different ecm's with my mdi and tis software and still cant register either one with htp,, the serial number is just yyyy's ?? niether of these ecm's were tuned with any software before they are fresh take outs from the salvage yard

2002 camaro ecm's
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39249

Advanced Tuner
    just seems odd that i have 3 ecm's here all with the same issue and 1 of them was righ out of a vehicle in the salvage yard, and re-programming them with gm tools and software still leaves them useless even though they program fine with gm tools. finally found a 4th ecm right from another stock camaro that had a valid vcm id, so i used that one and programmed one of my 3 others for the one i took from that running vehicle with tis and mdi unit,
    2010 camaro L99, Magnacharger TVS 2300, 415ci LS3,Kooks long tubes, yank ss3200, 3.73 rear

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    GM tools don't program the vcm id number block so they can't fix it. Our software can fix a corrupt vcm id number block.