Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: True LSJ Stock file needed!

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if it helps here is the 42lb/hr tune i believe i took from my cousins old car.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner
    It definitely helps to have some files to look at. I found 2 in the repository as well. Thank you!

Everything looks similar but the VE and injector settings are different, maybe they tried tuning around something by messing with flowrate and offsets? I will upload if anyone is curious to look at it.... mystocktune.hpt
    Last edited by smcstevesmc; 12-04-2021 at 11:11 AM.

I know the injector settings are stock. The ve may have a little change. I want to swear that this file is the stock file but i pulled it out in 07 and just dont remember what was going on back then.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    I know the injector settings are stock. The ve may have a little change. I want to swear that this file is the stock file but i pulled it out in 07 and just don't remember what was going on back then.
    It definitely looks like the other stock ones, besides small changes on the VE. My "stock stage 2" setup has a lot done to the VE and timing pulled from both low and hgh octance, it must be done since this is a Colorado car. We only have 91 octane at 99% of our gas stations. Maybe I am best off using the other stock stage 2 setups, and maybe I should keep the lower timing maps? What do you think?

Also, I have a methanol injection setup, just messing with it lately. Maybe I should change the timing to the more "normal" stage 2 and use the meth injection just to help my 91 octane during positive psi?

The knock retard I am getting is down low in 1st gear, is this coming from something else? I don't hear detonation when it occurs?

you should keep a fairly stock low timing map. this allows the knock sensors to remain effective. If you make them match to tune the high octane thats fine but make sure you switch the low table back so switching remains effective and safe. Also, dont tune your high octane table to knock. Doing so will make it revert to the low table which requires a refueling event to switch back or a ecu reset from a flash.

Tuner
    you should keep a fairly stock low timing map. this allows the knock sensors to remain effective. If you make them match to tune the high octane thats fine but make sure you switch the low table back so switching remains effective and safe. Also, dont tune your high octane table to knock. Doing so will make it revert to the low table which requires a refueling event to switch back or a ecu reset from a flash.
    I see some people recommend taking 5deg out of the whole map when tuning, do you take any timing out or just use the stock setup and modify as needed?

stock mod. each setup has its own desired map.

Tuner
    Last edited by smcstevesmc; 12-14-2021 at 08:05 PM.

Tuner
    stock mod. each setup has its own desired map.
    Logging KR: "MAF cyl airmass 4cyl" Is this the correct one for the LSJ or should I use one of the other options ?

i just logged airmass or cylinder airmass g/cyl against all the KR channels and tried looking for KR trends. I havent logged an LSJ for a long time. I dont know if the PIDs i used back then have same names now or not.

Potential Tuner
    Could you please upload the LSJ Stage 2 stock file again? I bought a used engine and it seems it has the stage 2 tuning as RPM and a few other settings are different to the file from William Henn.