Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: True LSJ Stock file needed!

Exclamation True LSJ Stock file needed!

I am looking for a true stock tune file for a 2007 Cobalt SS/SC (LSJ) asap!

Thanks in advance

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

*The most powerful designs are always the result of a continuous process of simplification and refinement.*

Here ya go man.

appreciate it!

2011 CTS-V Coupe
    - 1993 Mazda RX7

*The most powerful designs are always the result of a continuous process of simplification and refinement.*

Advanced Tuner

Advanced Tuner
    so why do you think those are not stock files, you wanted a stock lsj file and i gave it to you along with the gm stage 2 file

if you dont believe the data then go to the dealer and have your ecu flashed and then compare the files however youll be disappointed to find that the data will be the same
    Last edited by TCSS07; 06-27-2018 at 06:52 AM.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    TCSS07 could you submit those to the repository to minimize these types of threads in the future? i could download them and do it myself but those are your files so its up to you.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner
    how do u post to the new repository? i tried but can see anywhere to post to it

Quote Originally Posted by 10SecSleeper View Post
    They are already in there, he just wasted my time posting them here.

When I clearly said, I didn't want the one in the repository.
    The one thats in there from William Henn is a verified stock 07 file. if you cant wrap your head around that then sorry mate we cant help you. There is a reason why it states "stock file" in red letters. Also last i checked William Henn is from HPTuners so i would definitely trust that file.

how do u post to the new repository? i tried but can see anywhere to post to it
    I just went back to there and it looks like that feature hasn't made it back up yet. It used to be on the home repository screen.

Advanced Tuner
    overbooster - yeah i can upload them later tonight if im able to ... i downloaded those files from the repository a while ago so i guess some of the files hptuners didn't transfer over or get to them yet with there new updated website

10secsleeper - i didnt waste anyones time, you did by not believing the files i gave you or the ones in the repository and then complaining you didn't want the files that you asked for and with you asking for a stock file assuming you dont have one how would you even know it was wrong or not

also im a certified gm tech with a 07 chevy cobalt ss/sc myself and have verified the data but i suppose that doesnt matter too

i also have an 06 stock and stage 2 but i suppose those a false files also
    Last edited by TCSS07; 06-27-2018 at 02:23 PM.

BCM Function.

Advanced Tuner
    overbooster - yeah the upload function isnt available or i cant find it however i downloaded a couple different stock and stage 2 files on the repository and compared and there the same so i wont even bother uploading

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 10SecSleeper View Post
    I'm glad I don't own a Cobalt. Since when did the 07 Cobalt come factory with Vats turned off, among other things.

Thanks for reminding me why I don't bother with this forum.

Also I'm not in anyway a fan of William. How he handles support.
    Jokes on you, Got a stock 07 ECU from a local guy for my 06. Vats was turned off with it at aswell. Never tuned, Thought it was myself but its not. Sounds like you need to take the front door and let the door hit you on the way out

Tuner in Training
    Admittingly I was surprised to find out the VATS said it was disabled. So if it's not disabled and part of the BCM, one can wonder why is it showing up in the Editor as something that can be enabled or disabled. And if it cannot be, it makes you wonder what else is a farce. I'm confused here about that setting.

Advanced Tuner
    its tunable - you can change it on or off - all it does is enables or disables the theft system in the ecm to start the vehicle requiring a key code or not - my buddies 06 was turned on - canned tune - and he was having problems with his theft module forgetting the key amoung other things lean/rich wot etc... but I just turned off his vats
    Last edited by TCSS07; 06-29-2018 at 08:59 PM.

Tuner
    My 06 Cobalt has the stage 2 setup, but when I compare p.e. eq ratios they look different. Mine starts at 1.1 until 3k, where it ramps up to 1.360 at 5250rpm.

I've been learning to MAF tune it, and am a total novice, any lsj advice not commonly known or mentioned in the lsj threads?
    Last edited by smcstevesmc; 11-29-2021 at 01:13 AM.

the OEM PE profiles are no good. Best to make your own from scratch.
    PE should start about 1.176 until about 2500 rpm, at 3500 rpm it should be about 1.235, by 4000 1.256, and from 4500 and up 1.278. The transition between these values should be smooth. Do not change these numbers to correct fueling error. This table is a afr target table. if you want look for power, change the value and then re-tune the maf to correct any error.
    I would not go as lean as 1.1 on factory pistons. Best to keep some extra fuel in there to keep things cooled down. I also would not run it as rich as 1.360. These motors don't really like to be richer than 1.300.

Tuner
    Awesome, thank you very much for the info.

if you don't know already...
    1.0/[PE Value]= lambda target
    [Stoich AFR]/[PE Value]=AFR Target (you can get this same result by multiplying [Stoich AFR]X[lambda target])

Tuner
    I appreciate the help, I have read the lsj info reportedly, but feel like there is so much more to learn. All we have out here is 91 octane e10 too, so I am thinking I should adjust the stoich?

Tuner
    Also my stock maps are definitely different than the stage 2 maps in the repository, I feel like someone else (before me) screwed with things. Even the injector numbers are off. I have changed the EQ and am doing my best with the map tune, the VE table is different, this is a newer motor, the 1st one that came with it was blown.

The timing looks retarded on the bottom end, maybe someone tried to tune for 91 octane, that is what it looks like to me. I think I will keep the more conervative timing, when maf tuning, should I retard the timing 5deg everywhere? I am getting a bit of knock retard around 1800rpm
    Last edited by smcstevesmc; 12-02-2021 at 06:10 PM.