Thread: Enhanced OS ?

Advanced Tuner

Enhanced OS ?

I bought an 02 Z06 that already had RTT installed. I have to use 4 credits to tune it. Okay no biggie but now I want to go SD and no enhancements available when I go to the OS tab. Just says not applied but you can't select any of them. Do I need the original tune? I have no way to get that if I do so how to I go forward?

Thanks
    Sarge

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Open the stock file to view additional vcm enhancements. If you can't get the stock file your pretty much sol unless you use someone elses file.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Open the stock file to view additional vcm enhancements. If you can't get the stock file your pretty much sol unless you use someone elses file.
    If I have use someone elses stock file then it will cost me 4 more credits won't it?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Correct, 2 to license their file, then another 2 to license the vcm enhancement to their file.

Tuner
    Correct, 2 to license their file, then another 2 to license the vcm enhancement to their file.
    I'm in the same boat. If i use a stock tune from respority i would need to licence it 2 credits and then when i upgrade to 3 bar map another 2 credits then it can be installed in my vehicle and i can use unlimited times?????
    F1-x 26psi boost duel nozzle meth Alky kit
    6.0l 1999 C5 LS-1 6 speed manual.
    225,225/575,575 114lsa, 9.5.1 com, SD80inj LS2 Intake and ls2 90tb

Quote Originally Posted by racerx203 View Post
    I'm in the same boat. If i use a stock tune from respority i would need to licence it 2 credits and then when i upgrade to 3 bar map another 2 credits then it can be installed in my vehicle and i can use unlimited times?????
    Yep.. once an OS is licenced to your PCM you can do so with that OS, you can read/adjust/upload it as many times as you want, to your PCM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    Yep.. once an OS is licenced to your PCM you can do so with that OS, you can read/adjust/upload it as many times as you want, to your PCM.
    F1-x 26psi boost duel nozzle meth Alky kit
    6.0l 1999 C5 LS-1 6 speed manual.
    225,225/575,575 114lsa, 9.5.1 com, SD80inj LS2 Intake and ls2 90tb

Tuner in Training
    Why is it that when I "read entire" and save the file it changes to 1bar enhanced. I pulled the tune out of my 03 silverado PCM and removed the VATS and changed a few things. Now it says its a "1BAR enhanced" and applied. I didn't change that. It has also tuner locked my PCM. How can I get it back to stock?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Sounds like whoever previously tuned your car applied it. Have the previous tuner send you the stock file and you can write that to your pcm if you want the stock file in the pcm.

Tuner in Training
    Sounds like whoever previously tuned your car applied it. Have the previous tuner send you the stock file and you can write that to your pcm if you want the stock file in the pcm.
    I tuned it. It seems that all my files I liscense go to a 1BAR SD enhanced OS which is mod locking it. I need 1BAR MAF enhanced and no modlock. If I get someone else's stock file will it cost 4 credits as stated above or can I liscence it and change to my VIN and only use 2 or is there a way to not use any credits.

Any time I change anything and save a file it modlocks them. I don't want that, how do I stop that from happening?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    There is no such thing, we lock our custom operating systems so as to make it harder for companies to try and reverse engineer our work.

I know this dates back a bit, but I think it may help me, although, so I understand. I have to apply this to my stock tune, or can I apply it to a tune I currently have that I'm trying to work out a bug?
    I did re-save my stock tune file with these OS enhancements, and when I opened it back up, the section under Engine>Airflow>Speed Density is now missing the entire group that was there under VE Coefficients.
    Did it just take these adjustments out of the equation for us or did it make any changes to these settings automatically then not allow us to modify further?
    In other words even though we can no longer see these, do they match what was there in the beginning "unchanged" just not giving us an option to adjust, or are they different than the original stock tune?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I always recommend applying the custom operating system to your stock operating system whenever possible

I always recommend applying the custom operating system to your stock operating system whenever possible
    So, I want to be sure I understand, since I have already started tuning and just learned of this (my own fault)
    I have a tune that I have tweaked and like, I was able to add the Enhanced OS and save it with a new name (thus also removing the part of the section I mentioned above)
    I also still have my 1st downloaded "stock tune" file which I ALSO applied Enhanced OS to and renamed. (per instructions)
    However, I have not written either of these tunes to the vehicle yet.
    So, my question is should I flash my "original stock w/enhanced OS" back to my vehicle, then retune to what I have now?
    OR, Can I write the current tweaked tune with the OS enhancement?

I wish to do it in the proper order to be as safe as possible.

Thanks Bill!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    From the sounds of it you should be able to write your current tweaked tune with the os enhancement.

Ok, so my dumb arse didn't pay full attention to the OS enhancement and I ended up in the 2 bar, and I'm NA so that? Well...... didn't work so well, then it dawned on me and once I kicked myself and changed back? All good, but I am still trimming the fine line between real rich or real lean (not the 3 to 5% I was told was fairly safe) and can't get there (this is for another post to be added), BUT as I was looking at the Enhanced OS I see the VATS patches, which I don't need, at least not on my TB3SS application, but when I put my put my L32 bottom swapped L67 in my S-10 or a Fiero (if I can find a decent one( will will then.
    SO........ On the the OTHER question, what are the 2 TCS patches for? I read, rather "what Bill said", "googled it", but I guess I'm still tuner in training as I'm learning MAF vs SD and all this and am SO FRIGGIN confused, but anyway, so all it does is let TCS work when in Speed Density mode?

2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS