Thread: 6L80 WOT Shift Issues

Tuner in Training

6L80 WOT Shift Issues

I've been playing around with my trans tune and got the damn thing working great all the way up to 99% throttle but when it hits WOT it just feels flat out wrong. 1-2 and 2-3 are very harsh and it seems that trans increases speed then slams right at the end of the shift and rpm signal dips and comes back instantaneously about 100 rpm. I've tried two very different tunes and it does the same thing. It appears the offgoing pressure drops out before the oncomming pressure even starts ramping in.

3-4 feels great and everything feels great at all throttles but WOT.

I can't get my commanded shift times out of the thing but have gotten it in the ballpark through other means. The problem is that it varies quiet a bit. Thinking about resetting the adapts tomorrow and trying this.... Very curious if any of you have the same issues.

IS WOT just harsh for 1-2 2-3?? Have you done something to correct this?

Another thing to note, if I don't turn off traction control it will flash the lights during WOT because of the harshness.

Post a log of the problem as well as a good shift and then post your tune.
    1971 Corvette-LS3 swap with custom cam. Stainless headers and sheet metal intake built by the owner. 442rwhp.

2007 STS-V-Billet Precision 67mm turbo swap. 563rwhp@15psi.

1991 Camaro-6.0 swap with LS6 heads and custom cam. Headers and other swap bits fabricated by myself (wife's car)