Thread: SSR auto to manual pcm

Potential Tuner

SSR auto to manual pcm

I have a 05 ls2 and e40 pcm from an auto ssr and I'm installing in an s10 with t56 and need to make sure I can use hp tuners to eliminate the tcm entirely.
    Is there a manual ssr OS available in the repository? Will uploading that to my pcm be the solution?
    I have not purchased HPtuners yet so i cant look in the repository, and after searching around I don't think I have found an answer.
    Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    I have the same engine and ecm in my buggy. I never had the tcm and when I first read the tune with hpt everything defaulted to manual trans. I assume this was because there was no tcm to read anything from.

Potential Tuner
    CAn I be directed to a stock or turbo tune either the 5.3 or 5.7 motor with the t56 tranny. Did a swap on 2006 Silverado and need a manual tune file. Any help will be appreciated.

Potential Tuner
    Did you ever sort this out? I have a 05 ls2 e40 that has gone auto to manual and need to know what pins to bridge out.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm confused as to what you're asking because I think you're over thinking it. There's no pins to bridge out. If you put a manual trans (or non-computer-controlled auto trans) behind a motor that originally had an auto just switch the trans to manual in HPTuners and that's it.

In my case I never had a TCM yet my engine did come from in front of an auto. The first time I read my ECM it was already switched over to manual trans. My theory on this is that it did so because there was no TCM present during the read to get any data from.

My original stock tune from that first read is in the repository I believe.