Thread: e67 gmpp ls7 help with fans

Tuner in Training

e67 gmpp ls7 help with fans

Hi, I've tried a bunch of searching on getting lower set points for the fans and I'm at a loss.

Application: 68 camaro, ls7 with the GMPP wiring harness (E67 I believe), headers, katech cam, 160 thermostat.

From what I've read on here the factory limits of 192 min can be lowered using the 2bar tune as it has the lower tables. But I don't see any custom tunes being available for this configuration? Or is there another way to get the fan settings lowered? I'm new to this so any help is appreciated. thanks! Dan
    Last edited by 68sixspeed; 06-26-2012 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Removed the attachment file

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No custom operating systems are available for the os id in this pcm.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Bill, are there any other options or am I hosed? Thanks Dan

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Just means u are stuck with the factory limitations.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, in plain English, "I'm hosed" i.e. I spent $649 and can't make my fans work with a 160 thermostat.

Advanced Tuner
    you sir.....are hosed
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

Quote Originally Posted by GPGTP View Post
    you sir.....are hosed
    Not exactly ... it can be done ... but not with HPT.

Just command 85% duty cycleat 192 and 95% by 199 or whatever. Trust me, you don't want your water temps below 180 anyways. LS engines don't run worth a damn and oil life drops substantially by running that cold.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    Just command 85% duty cycleat 192 and 95% by 199 or whatever. Trust me, you don't want your water temps below 180 anyways. LS engines don't run worth a damn and oil life drops substantially by running that cold.
    The GMPP control is on/off only, relay controlled. Funny, I verified the control was supported before buying HP tuners pro. They did not mention it was limited.

I found a fix, I'm cutting my losses and selling this lousy software!!, the two applications we tried it on were total failures. It wouldn't write to a 2001 c5 vette with a 2002 z06 motor and ECM transplant, refuses to write the program with the 2001's vin, no fix or work around from HP tuners available. Now this one and I can't even make a simple fan adjustment.

I would like to thank the nice users on this forum, they have been very nice and helpful. HP tuners... Not so useful or helpful. (any bet this gets deleted?)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    The GMPP control is on/off only, relay controlled. Funny, I verified the control was supported before buying HP tuners pro. They did not mention it was limited.
    You'll be hardpressed to find any tables that DON'T have some sort of limitation.

I found a fix, I'm cutting my losses and selling this lousy software!!, the two applications we tried it on were total failures. It wouldn't write to a 2001 c5 vette with a 2002 z06 motor and ECM transplant, refuses to write the program with the 2001's vin, no fix or work around from HP tuners available. Now this one and I can't even make a simple fan adjustment.
    I'm sure you could write what you want to the pcm if you have the proper licenses but if you don't have the year/model license for 01's & 02's our software isn't going to allow you to write an 01 vin/os to an 02 pcm.

I would like to thank the nice users on this forum, they have been very nice and helpful. HP tuners... Not so useful or helpful. (any bet this gets deleted?)

Good luck

Senior Tuner
    LMAO it was GM that changed Their OS to this but yet it is HPT's fault?

Quote Originally Posted by planethax View Post
    This is an example of a situation where no single tuning software platform can do everything. Most professional tuners (myself included) will use multiple tuning softwares to meet customer requests / needs.

GMPP controllers use a limited number of OS - but these are proprietary - not production OS.

Not trying to rehash the "Coke vs Pepsi" debate - intent is to inform anyone who may purchase any tuning software - that no one software platform can do absolutely everything. Each software company seeks to develop their own unique market niche.

Research your needs - make an informed choice - and be prepared for compromise - unless you plan on purchasing multiple tuning software platforms.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by planethax View Post
    Efi live has a patch for it, I would hope hpt might develop one or help by adapting a custom OS as done for other gm computers.

On the vette problem, we asked if we could program it with using double credits, one set for 02 computer and one set for 01 vin, we were told it could not be done, can't program the car, hosed... time to move on I guess.