Thread: 6l80 manual shifting..!! any thought

Tuner in Training

6l80 manual shifting..!! any thought

hay guys..

i need some help with this prob ..
    after tuning my friend's camaro 2010 and did make some changes to the trans shifting we faced a little problem ...

the problem is when he drives the car in manual shifting mode and starting with 1st gear wot and when he hit the shift point around 6500rpm then he should be to manually shift to the 2nd gear since he is in manual shifting mode, but in fact the computer make an order automatically to shift to the second and so going on to 3rd ...etc

and when he decided to shift from 1st to 2nd gear before the computer make the order to auto shift and he did push the up shift button to move to the 2nd gear actually the computer is going to double the shifting order and then the trans will moved from 1st to 2nd just for a moment less than a half of one second and after that its will moved to the 3rd gear ..

the same thing is happening also when the trans is in the 2nd gear at wot and then pushing the up shift button to move to the 3rd gear its will move to 4th gear ....

here is the log files is showing that clearly and the hpt , cfg files.

i will appreciate any advise

Manual shifting near red line (or any other time) sucks. Tune the safety shift points in manual mode to happen near your max RPM and be done with it.
    1971 Corvette-LS3 swap with custom cam. Stainless headers and sheet metal intake built by the owner. 442rwhp.

2007 STS-V-Billet Precision 67mm turbo swap. 563rwhp@15psi.

1991 Camaro-6.0 swap with LS6 heads and custom cam. Headers and other swap bits fabricated by myself (wife's car)

Tuner in Training
    TimC thanks i will try that , but how much i have to tune the safety shift points as near of the max rpm ? lets say the max rpm is 6600rpm right now so the safety points must be how much then ?

You're going to have to tune that by trial and error. Just creep up on it.
    1971 Corvette-LS3 swap with custom cam. Stainless headers and sheet metal intake built by the owner. 442rwhp.

2007 STS-V-Billet Precision 67mm turbo swap. 563rwhp@15psi.

1991 Camaro-6.0 swap with LS6 heads and custom cam. Headers and other swap bits fabricated by myself (wife's car)