Thread: Thanks for making it incredibly difficult to only use your product.

I just wish we could still save as a .bin

I need to edit parameters unavailable in HP Tuners, so I think no problem there's a program called Tiny Tuner that will allow me to edit the parameters I need(gear ratios) and then I can flash it. Problem is though that Tiny Tuner uses a .bin so I can't read the PCM with HP Tuners. So I bought a freshly flashed PCM that had the correct OS on it and he gave me the .bin to go with it. Then there is a VIN/OS mismatch so I can't license it. I really like your product and if you look at my join date it actually predates your product. I strive to keep using your product but things like this make it incredibly difficult. I am not trying to get around not licensing something or save money. It would just be so much easier if you still let us save as a .bin instead of your proprietary format.
    Last edited by skalor; 06-28-2012 at 06:50 AM.
    '89 Olds Cutlass Ciera International Coupe - '99 L67 minus the M90 plus a 60-1

Did you ever consider sending your file to HPT support and letting them just map it? Because they will.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

I just wanted to make it clear that I'm disappointed more than mad.

If you want to save as .BIN, you won't find any good tuning program that allows that. Every tuning suite uses it's own propietary format. Only free programs with limited support can save as .bin

You don't need to save as BIN, if you need to change something not possible with HPT, write your .hpt file to the PCM, read it with the other software and make the changes. Then write it back to the PCM
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Senior Tuner
    Unfortunately Tiny Tuners is just an Editor and does not read or write.

the "VIN/OS" check is a pain in my opinion but HPT is sticking with this or it will break their Year/Model Licencing platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    If you want to save as .BIN, you won't find any good tuning program that allows that. Every tuning suite uses it's own propietary format. Only free programs with limited support can save as .bin

You don't need to save as BIN, if you need to change something not possible with HPT, write your .hpt file to the PCM, read it with the other software and make the changes. Then write it back to the PCM
    There is no one around me with a PwrTuner. So, I have to mail it out to someone and pay them to do it or buy a PwrTuner.
    Last edited by skalor; 06-28-2012 at 03:21 PM.