Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: THE Most Powerful and Neglected Tables in the LNF E69...

?
    Not tring to add to the fire here but since Greg is a programmer calibrator of OEM software that can "see" the whole ECM. Then why can't he at "least off the record" help or help steer Chris from HPT in the right direction to tables that will improve our Tuning of the LNF? Im not suggesting that Greg give us everything since Lord knows the 5000+ tables for the ECM for the LNF but just steer them in the right direction? If he can't do that then why doesnt he at least help out since he is a member here and give us more info to understand what we need to do with the tables we have available to us at this point?
    I thought we are all here to Learn and share the information we have gathered is this not the point of this Forum? If not then Why is Greg here but to only further his business that's how I look at it. If he can give classes on tuning then WHY can he give us tips and tricks we can use other than it would not be for a profit. Just the way I see it though what's the difference other than profit?

Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
    Cool.

Now can you please leave us alone so we can get back to the mature discussions we have in this end of the forum?

This is MY thread. I did not invite you or Greg into it. Ever since you BOTH have entered this thread though, it's gone downhill. Neither you OR Greg have contributed anything positive to the subject of this discussion. Greg posted blanket statements that apply to every ECM out there. NOTHING SPECIFIC TO THE LNF OR THE SPECIFIC TABLE WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE. NOTHING. Other members have asked him directly to elaborate and help, but he has refused. What he posted was actually quite demeening to the members here. He assumed we were all idiots and didn't even realize how an ECM works. Gee Greg, thanks for telling me what I learned in the '80's. The other members on here are also smarter than that. Some of them specifically said they already knew and understood what he said, and could he be more specific to the E69. Of course what he said was true, it was basic computer knowledge anyone at this point of tuning should already, and most likely does already know. He basically talked down to not only me, but the entire LNF tuning community here. He came in, stirred things up, and left without helping or answering any specific questions. I'll tell you something, these guys aren't stupid. These are guys tuning Direct Injected, Turbo'd, Dual Overhead Cam motors with cam phasers on both cams. And have been since 2007. Most are running E47 or E85, and one guy here was the pioneer of all of you guys running Ethanol blends. We've had the Ethanol thing figured out years ago. Damn dude, your tuning a Vette that probably doesn't even HAVE one cam phaser. lol. It's a primitive V/8, my 20 year old son could tune one of those. Why don't you try to have a discussion with us about cam timing? That would be interesting. Two adjustable cams with Direct Injection and a turbo. Good luck with that pal. My point here is, these guys are not stupid. THAT'S why V3non said that quote, because we ALL realize how ignorant you are in regards to where we're all at on the LNF. IF YOU'VE NEVER ACTUALLY TUNED AN LNF, YOU CANNOT TELL ANYONE HOW EASY OR HARD IT IS.

This was MY discussion, started to help others and share what I've learned. That's what I do. Why don't you look through some of my posts and threads, they're almost ALL openly sharing my knowledge and helping others. I've looked at your posts, they're almost all questions, because you have no answers. No sharing of discoveries, because you've made none of your own. I've shared dozens, if not hundreds of my own discoveries on here specific to the LNF and E69. Count up how many people have viewed and read what I've posted. I'm guessing it's about 100 to 1 compared to yours. People read what I post because they learn from it. You and Greg have disrupted that. That's not a positive contribution to a forum. I don't give a rats @ss who you are or who Greg is. What you both have done here is not helpful at best, and hugely disruptive at worst.

Oh, btw, I don't know what kind of "race cars" you've seen, but the Stock Block Chevy V/8 that I worked on for the '81 Indy 500 had a smooth as silk idle. It was also the first Stock Block Chevy to finish the Indy 500. The block came out of a school bus. No lie. (That's because "seasoned" blocks work better than new ones. But I'm sure you and Greg knew that.) It was an iron block Chevy 350 and it finished 500 miles at Indy. And I was there on the pit crew helping it finish that race. Bite me dude.

Again, I'm asking that you please leave MY thread. I'm here to share knowledge, not fight with trolls. Go back under the bridge and leave us alone. Please.
    This is like watching a train wreck. It is your attitude, I didn't come in here and say you can't do anything or really anything in that nature. You are making accusations about other people and bragging about yourself and your accomplishments. So what kind of PCM was that indy car with a small block running in 1981. I guess you must be really smart than because most of the guys your age I have a difficult time explaining how the TV remote works to. So I came on here and said that Greg knew his stuff and that maybe you should listen and read between the lines. You call me a troll, and who is the immature one?

?
    Not tring to add to the fire here but since Greg is a programmer calibrator of OEM software that can "see" the whole ECM. Then why can't he at "least off the record" help or help steer Chris from HPT in the right direction to tables that will improve our Tuning of the LNF? Im not suggesting that Greg give us everything since Lord knows the 5000+ tables for the ECM for the LNF but just steer them in the right direction? If he can't do that then why doesnt he at least help out since he is a member here and give us more info to understand what we need to do with the tables we have available to us at this point?
    I thought we are all here to Learn and share the information we have gathered is this not the point of this Forum? If not then Why is Greg here but to only further his business that's how I look at it. If he can give classes on tuning then WHY can he give us tips and tricks we can use other than it would not be for a profit. Just the way I see it though what's the difference other than profit?
    Tazz,
    Good questions but its complicated. It has nothing to do with Greg not wanting to help anyone. It is more complicated than that. For one HP Tuners already has the F2P file or else you would not have anything at all now. Everything is located in that file. Now they may not have the Inca to go in and look at the way that some of us could, however maybe they do. It is also a very time consuming job on HP Tuners, even though it is the calibration they have to build into there software, it has to be stable and for every operating system that there is in every year it has to be built so that the addresses will properly match or that could be really bad. Asa far as Greg and HP working together, I'm not Greg so I can't answer for him, but it would be a massive amount of hours for one he probably does not have, but beyond that, it would require HP to give him access to some of there intellect on their software, I am sure they are not going to do that either.
    So with that said, this community here has not been very "grown up" at all, so I came in here to learn a couple of things and saw where a friend was being bashed and now I am also a troll. The funny thing is that I was written off as nobody and Greg was made fun of and of course we know nothing about what anyone is working on here, but here is a secret for all, we are the two trolls according to you all, we are also the only two on here, or well in this thread that can look at the actual cal and the tables you can't see.
    Good Day.
    Last edited by Jabbott; 10-28-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Also you may want to talk to Roger Penske about a job, I mean it is 2012 and thay don't have the smooth idle down yet, those cars idle around 2k and you had it down in 81' that just too awesome.
    Actaully you may want to just stroll down the pit at any ALMS race, you are so good they may just hire you.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabbott View Post
    Also you may want to talk to Roger Penske about a job, I mean it is 2012 and thay don't have the smooth idle down yet, those cars idle around 2k and you had it down in 81' that just too awesome.
    Actaully you may want to just stroll down the pit at any ALMS race, you are so good they may just hire you.
    lol. You're hella funny. Maybe we should keep you around. Your ignorance is beyond belief.

No, Roger Penske and I did not talk about me working for him the last time we had dinner. I know better than to take a job like that and would have never asked. And as far as ALMS, if you only knew how close I am affiliated with one of the top 5 drivers in the series.

And as far as calling BS, don't bother. I don't lie. Ever. I can back up everything I say. You're not worth the time it would take me to post pictures of me with Roger though so sorry.

Oh and this one was pretty funny too...

we are also the only two on here, or well in this thread that can look at the actual cal and the tables you can't see.
    Who cares if you've NEVER ACTUALLY TUNED AN LNF. Or probably even driven one. lol. Being able to look at software no one can use is pretty useless to all of us here that are actually driving and tuning LNF's. This will be my last response to you, you obviously cannot be reasoned with in a logical, rational manner. Another one of my favorite quotes... "I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

GREG OR JABBOTT---

GIVE US SOME ACTUAL USABLE INFORMATION OR HELP ON SPECIFIC E69/LNF TABLES THAT ARE AVAILABLE TO US IN HPTUNERS OR PLEASE LEAVE.

How many times by how many members has that been asked and ignored? Step up and help with actual information about actual tables, or, imagine this idea, about the actual tables this thread is all about! That's all we want here, and so far even after many members have begged him directly and personally for help, Greg has given nothing. (I know you have nothing to give on the subject so I didn't include you in that.) That will be my final statement on this. I am not here to argue, I'm here to learn and share knowledge. What you two have done here is killed the exchange of knowledge. Period. The End.
    Last edited by gmtech16450yz; 10-28-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
    lol. You're hella funny. Maybe we should keep you around. Your ignorance is beyond belief.

No, Roger Penske and I did not talk about me working for him the last time we had dinner. I know better than to take a job like that and would have never asked. And as far as ALMS, if you only knew how close I am affiliated with one of the top 5 drivers in the series.

And as far as calling BS, don't bother. I don't lie. Ever. I can back up everything I say. You're not worth the time it would take me to post pictures of me with Roger though so sorry.

Oh and this one was pretty funny too...

Who cares if you've NEVER ACTUALLY TUNED AN LNF. Or probably even driven one. lol. Being able to look at software no one can use is pretty useless to all of us here that are actually driving and tuning LNF's. This will be my last response to you, you obviously cannot be reasoned with in a logical, rational manner. Another one of my favorite quotes... "I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

GREG OR JABBOTT---

GIVE US SOME ACTUAL USABLE INFORMATION OR HELP ON SPECIFIC E69/LNF TABLES THAT ARE AVAILABLE TO US IN HPTUNERS OR PLEASE LEAVE.

How many times by how many members has that been asked and ignored? Step up and help with actual information about actual tables, or, imagine this idea, about the actual tables this thread is all about! That's all we want here, and so far even after many members have begged him directly and personally for help, Greg has given nothing. (I know you have nothing to give on the subject so I didn't include you in that.) That will be my final statement on this. I am not here to argue, I'm here to learn and share knowledge. What you two have done here is killed the exchange of knowledge. Period. The End.
    I came in here to learn more, you obviously can't read. You turned into this because I defended Greg. So I defended Greg and I am a troll. Why would he help you, your a a**.
    The comment about being able to look up the table is that if you can see the table, you can also see the address for it which means that can be given to any of the code writers for these programs for that operating systems so that then you could see and use them also, but I forgot you are so smart you knew that. I personally don't by any of your crap now, first off if you were that great you would not have been a GM tech since the 80's or 70's whenever you started. So your dealer you works for allows you to leave all the time to attend ALMS races, your full of it. Cute saying about the wits you quoted also, but you should have said out gunned instead of unarmed. I see a bullshi*er. Greg gave you the answer maybe you just can't read. I saw it in about is third or fouth post. I have seen many tech's like you before, and they have a reputation the way they do for a reason.

Hey guys, I'm locking this down.

I don't have time to read it all and Bill is getting ready for SEMA.

Fortunately, we don't need to lock many threads on this forum. Everyone is usually very well behaved.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...