Thread: TCC slip and fluid from the vent tube !! please help

TCC slip and fluid from the vent tube !! please help

Hi guys

just finished installing built 4l60 whith vacuum valve body and Precision Vigilante 3800 multi disc nitrous converter in my vette c5 and big standalone 29,000 trans cooler

the thing is it seems to slipp sometimes under little load in 3rd and 4th but sometimes it holds well

but always in WOT it holds at first and then past 5k it slipps and revs up.
    in wot i'm also getting oil out of the vent tube, there is right fluid level on it checked while hot in N.

what can this be, the tranny is susposed to in good shape and the Vig is newly refreshed.

can this be in tune matter , i use HPT or am i having inside problems

here are my 2 short logs where you can see the slipp both in daily drive under bit load and then in the other under wot

also my tune attached

thanks
    Baezi

Tuner in Training
    I did not have a chance to look at your tune. A couple of thoughts, the ATF is usually checked while in Park, engine hot. Your car may be different but the instructions are usually printed on the dip stick. ATF can come out of the tube if the level is too high. The pump gasket has a flap on it that is usually located at the 11 o'clock position, if this gasket is torn or missing you can leak fluid from the vent tube. A cracked vent tube will also leak

Are you getting any codes? Not sure what you mean by "vacuum valve body". Do you mean a vacuum modulator to control the shift pressure instead of a epc solenoid? I have heard that these modulators can cause pressure problems if not installed properly. Slipping can also be due to a worn valve in the valve body. This is usually associated with code 1870 and there are fixes for this.

What 3/4 clutch pack are you running? How many plates..etc? How did you set the clearances?

Is it slipping with the stock tune? If the slipping is in both stock and modified tune your problem probably lies in your transmission.

Have you put a pressure gauge on the transmission and monitored it while driving?

Tuner in Training
    In your tune, I would start by putting your max shift pressure back to stock. Shift pressure upshift and shift pressure modifier back to stock values. I assume you are using a shift kit, let the kit take care of the shift pressures.

Your shift times are all zeroed, I would change them to 0.100

TCC apply release should be 256/255 for second apply/release and third apply/release. You can change the 4th apply/release to suite your driving. You don't want to go so far apart on your apply/release speeds especially at the the higher throttle position percent.

Read this thread it will help you out:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31591