Thread: VE/G8 6L80 Swap for a T400. Has any one done one.

VE/G8 6L80 Swap for a T400. Has any one done one.

Morning guys please don't shoot me if i posted in the wrong section. Im from Melbourne and i have a VE/G8 booked in soon for a t400 conversion from a 4L80 and i was just wondering has any one done one? Ill be fine with the mechanical side of things but saying that i should be fine with working out the tune.I was just seeing if any one has done one and could give me some pointers or any helpful info regarding this. that would help,
    thanks guys!!!!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Morning guys please don't shoot me if i posted in the wrong section. Im from Melbourne and i have a VE/G8 booked in soon for a t400 conversion from a 4L80 and i was just wondering has any one done one? Ill be fine with the mechanical side of things but saying that i should be fine with working out the tune.I was just seeing if any one has done one and could give me some pointers or any helpful info regarding this. that would help,
    thanks guys!!!!
    A couple of guys have done this on the grrrr8.net forums. Rather, I know one is complete and another may be in progress currently. Post up there and ask some questions, It's also possible they lurk here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Slizzo View Post
    A couple of guys have done this on the grrrr8.net forums. Rather, I know one is complete and another may be in progress currently. Post up there and ask some questions, It's also possible they lurk here as well.
    ok thanks Slizzo

Did one a few months back. Don't buy into the crap on the other forums about having to run a holden manual tune. There are two wires that need to be hooked to ground. One is for the key switch release - it goes to the shifter plugin, the other so the car will start - it lives in the plug that goes to the 6l80. Hook them both up to the neutral saftey switch on what ever shifter your going to use and the other end of the switch to ground. The car will start and release the key just like it did when stock. Terminate the can bus wires in the tranny plug by looping them together + some minor tuning like killing the tcm comm codes and your done. Reguardless, make the wiring mods and the car will start and run on a stock auto tune. I know this is the short of it and over simplified, but its really not that much to do to make it work.

The one Bluecat is talking about was mine. I can confirm it works very nicely!

2008 Pontiac G8 GT, IHRA Modified, NHRA Pro ET

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecat View Post
    Did one a few months back. Don't buy into the crap on the other forums about having to run a holden manual tune. There are two wires that need to be hooked to ground. One is for the key switch release - it goes to the shifter plugin, the other so the car will start - it lives in the plug that goes to the 6l80. Hook them both up to the neutral saftey switch on what ever shifter your going to use and the other end of the switch to ground. The car will start and release the key just like it did when stock. Terminate the can bus wires in the tranny plug by looping them together + some minor tuning like killing the tcm comm codes and your done. Reguardless, make the wiring mods and the car will start and run on a stock auto tune. I know this is the short of it and over simplified, but its really not that much to do to make it work.
    Thanks Bluecat! Very helpful. i will let you know how we go!

Potential Tuner
    http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54945

Here's a thread I was remembering; Sky has been running the TH400 in his G8/Commodore for a while.

I like what he did with the roll bar and seats as well.

Potential Tuner
    Hi there, I to am doing this swap and id love to know how you went getting your car started, I read what Bluecat wrote and its still not clear as to what wires you need to start it, ive looped the pins 10 to 14 and 11 to 13 to terminate the TCM and I know I need the number 3 neutral park wire, if I run that to an after market neutral park switch like in a hurst quarter stick what plugs on the other side of it?? it cant go to ground as how would it get power? and what wires have to go go ground??? bluecats simple plan to start the car I like but now clear what wires go were and now the switch gets power??

Hope someone can shed some light on this. I sent bluecat a message but no reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Thanks Bluecat! Very helpful. i will let you know how we go!

Potential Tuner
    Bluecat what are the other wires I need to go to ground and what wires do I need to start it??? I like your plan but its not clear what wires you need and where the power is coming from on an after market neutral park switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecat View Post