Thread: 4.3L TPS and Bigger Throttle Body

4.3L TPS and Bigger Throttle Body

I have a supercharged 2003 4.3L V6. I put a new cfm-tech.com throttle body in place of my stock TB about 8 months ago. I have had numerous problems with TPS sensors failing, and occasionally getting the P0121 codes. I can replace the sensor, and after a couple weeks to a couple of months, I start getting the problem again. Symptoms include down-shifting issues under load, and engine jerking/pulsing on deceleration, which turns off the TCC (possible limp mode for tranny).

Do I need to update any tables in my OS to compensate for the new TB with larger plate? (cfm-tech.com's TB has no restrictor plate, is thinner, and is bored out. See http://www.cfm-tech.com/chevy-vortec.htm for information)

Any input would be appreciated. I have troubleshooting information for the wires already. I will check on that soon. However, my concern is the computer and how the PCM would be affected by the larger TB, if at all. Thanks.
    Last edited by natewhite1; 07-18-2012 at 11:25 AM.

No, you don't need an update. Try going back to your OEM throttle.
    I tried the same blade,it made the truck run rough.Also was told you
    don't need it with the super. Are you using dealer or jobber parts(tps)?
    The cheapo parts caused me headaches.
    1999 GMC Sonoma 4X4 5 speed

Wynjammer Supercharger
    Wester's Garage Custom tune PCM,Black Mantis Injectors
    MSD6BTM
    MSD Coil/Wires
    Full Synthetics

hi there . did you fix he idle issue or you installed the factory TB ?
    P1-SC1 505HP @ 13 psi,dual interceptor guages(AFR-B/V-FP-T/T),dewitts C5 efans(pcmforless harness,pcmforless tans cooler,ARH headers,alchol injection system,battery cable upgrade,cutout,90mm TB TUNED BY DASHTI