Thread: Cant get my dfco to work.

Cant get my dfco to work.

I've been trying to get my dfco working on my ly6 swap vehicle. I've changed all the values so much that I would think it would be on almost all the time I left of the gas. I am running a e67 ecu with a '10 canyon base tune modded to look as much like the 08 ly6 stock tune and then changed to run with the cam and whatnot. It was an auto tune but Im running a t56 would that matter?

Ive included my most recent tune.
    2000 Sonoma Zq8 Extcab
    '08 Ly6 6.0, Nx nitrous plate, TSP vvt-2 cam + more goodies, SW Longtube headers, 4l80e, CircleD 3500 stall, HPTuners, Narrowed 8.8 swap: Moser axles, 3.73 gears, disc brakes, posi. Caltracs. Afco Coilovers
    Best time [email protected] na
    LSx Swap thread http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f213/l...n-name-459831/

Quote Originally Posted by tiresmokinV8 View Post
    ... I've been trying to get my dfco working on my ly6 swap vehicle ... It was an auto tune but Im running a t56 would that matter? ...
    With an ECM tune intended to be used with an automatic transmission, DFCO is only active when the torque converter is locked (if all of the other DFCO parameters are met).

You will need an ECM tune intended to be used with a manual transmission, if you want DFCO to be active.

Anyway to make it think the tq convertor is locked without the tcm? There is no manual tune for my setup. Need a ecu and tune that runs vvt and has a class 2 serial data output for my gauges and abs to work, Only thing falling under that category is a '10+ Colorado, Canyon and h3 5.3 tune and there e67 ecu. Just trying to work with what I have.
    2000 Sonoma Zq8 Extcab
    '08 Ly6 6.0, Nx nitrous plate, TSP vvt-2 cam + more goodies, SW Longtube headers, 4l80e, CircleD 3500 stall, HPTuners, Narrowed 8.8 swap: Moser axles, 3.73 gears, disc brakes, posi. Caltracs. Afco Coilovers

Advanced Tuner
    Write Bill, and ask to download the latest beta. You could then try under "Trans" to set the "General / ECM Trans Type" to "Manual" and see if DFCO works then.

That might satisfy the ECM.

I already have the 2.23 beta from last summer is there a newer beta?
    2000 Sonoma Zq8 Extcab

I already have beta 2.23 from last summer. Is there a newer beta?
    2000 Sonoma Zq8 Extcab

Advanced Tuner
    The Auto / Manual switch I described is not too old and many older betas did not have it.

Look for Trans -> Auto Shift Properties -> General -> ECM Trans Type. Its a switch that lets you set an automatic ECM to "Manual" and have it behave more as if it were designed for an M5/M6 transmission. If you don't have that value (Its the first one under Trans/Auto Shift/General) then you need a newer beta.

They've updated it a bazillion times. Click Help -> About. Version 2.23.653 is about two to four weeks old, and what I am using.

Emailed Bill, Looked at my help about and mine is version 2.23.681?? I got it last July 26th.
    2000 Sonoma Zq8 Extcab

Wow I feel like such a tard. It took Bill emailing me back saying it looks like I already have the latest along with me posting the version number in my last post for it to "click". I just bought a new laptop on tues and on tues my profile no longer had the beta to download just the old 2.22 so I searched and found a member post in a thread his beta version that he just recieved for a fellow member to download to avoid the hassle of emailing support. I installed this version and have been running this week when tweaking my tune. Didnt know that there was an update so never looked in the trans section since there was never anything in there before. Just looked and i do have the manual trans option so Ill report back later if it made any difference.

Working 60hrs a week on graveyard shift causes my brain not to work sometimes.
    2000 Sonoma Zq8 Extcab

Dfco and cruise still doesnt work. Now that the ecu is set for manual do I need to supply 12v at the cpp pin? Just looking at the manual pinout for a cts-v using this ecu.
    2000 Sonoma Zq8 Extcab

Advanced Tuner
    Shame just setting it to manual didnt solve it. I can't advise you on the 12v at the cpp pin. I don't have enough experience with PCMs to do so ... though if it were my car, I think that is exactly what I would be doing.

Glad you got the beta issue worked out. Get some sleep before rewiring the PCM! :-)

Good luck.