Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GMTECH'S Latest Cam Tables...

Quote Originally Posted by McShibbs View Post
    What you do is make the Main(Warm)[Base Angle], Main(Cold)[Base Angle], Knock[Knock Angle], Main(Warm)[Catalyst Heating], Main(Cold)[Catalyst Heating] all equal to one another. The Intake and Exhaust side will have different tables so don't make them all identical for both.

Be sure to do the same for the Idle tables as well.
    so dont touch any of the factor tables right?

so in the first attachment, make all the tables visible equal to the top left table(intake cam angle warm)?

and in the second attachment do the same thing, all tables visible equal to the top left table(intake cam angle idle-warm)?

then do the same thing to the exhaust tables?
    2008 Sky RL

Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
    What you guys are seeing with the KR is what I mentioned about cylinder pressures. You're changing dynamic compression with these cam timing changes. I'm running E47 and I don't have stock pistons so I'm not as concerned about going too high on dynamic compression, down low or up high in the rpm's. If you're on pump gas or stock pistons, you'll most definitely want to do different things with cam timing. Same with stock turbo (or stock turbine housing), you aren't going to want a whole bunch of dynamic compression at high rpm's with the stock turbo, that's asking for trouble.
    how do you read dynamic compression? im pretty much stock everything except a solo catless turbo back 3" exhaust setup running only on 93octane.

i dont wanna hurt anything so this would be good for me to know.
    2008 Sky RL

Tuner in Training
    gmtech16450yz y u no have LE5 and put this much work into it? jealous. . .:/
    2006 Pontiac solstice L2.4 LE5 LSJ Throttle body (larger), AEM CAIntake, Cat Delete, Newb tuner

Quote Originally Posted by |V3nom| View Post
    how do you read dynamic compression? im pretty much stock everything except a solo catless turbo back 3" exhaust setup running only on 93octane.

i dont wanna hurt anything so this would be good for me to know.
    anybody??
    2008 Sky RL

my cam tables i currently run are very similar to the ones you posted up. I came up with my tables using your original cam tables you posted plus alot of testing, experimenting, and calculating.

Man John.. I'm running a pte 5558 and e47 and my car knocked like craazy with the numbers anywhere near those tables.

On a side note, I was tuning a friends stock turbo LNF earlier today and while logging (I wish I would have saved one in retrospect) I saw, at WOT, his cam phasers were advancing and retarding to keep the valves open longer. It was consistent between 8-12* and followed a specific pattern every time. I've done hundreds of logs on my car and have never seen mine do this, but his did every time. For a stock turbo on a conservative tune, it felt like a freight train.

Has anyone seen this before?
    Last edited by Ch1ck3n; 11-11-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ch1ck3n View Post
    Man John.. I'm running a pte 5558 and e47 and my car knocked like craazy with the numbers anywhere near those tables.

On a side note, I was tuning a friends stock turbo LNF earlier today and while logging (I wish I would have saved one in retrospect) I saw, at WOT, his cam phasers were advancing and retarding to keep the valves open longer. It was consistent between 8-12* and followed a specific pattern every time. I've done hundreds of logs on my car and have never seen mine do this, but his did every time. For a stock turbo on a conservative tune, it felt like a freight train.

Has anyone seen this before?
    Can you post a log of each for an example?

Quote Originally Posted by LNFnewb View Post
    Can you post a log of each for an example?
    I wish I would have saved one. Trying to get my friend back out here to nab one haha.

Quote Originally Posted by stromboli86 View Post
    Ill post mine up too, why not! I mainly messed with mine in terms of drivability... if it drives smooth and sounds a little more stout it must be a little better lol. I was running some real old tables a while back and noticed that the car would fall on its face after a shift just normal driving and then i noticed that around 1500-1750rpm there are three cells for 250rpm difference and the cams were moving too much! I smoothed them out and never looked back!

Ill have to try out the increased intake advance down low and see how it feels! But right now with all thats done i average 28-29.5mpg driving to work in split driving and whenever i drive to the ocean on flat highways i average 31.5-32mpg in my cobalt... the readout on my dash is currently 30.0mpg haha
    why did you set the idle section of the intake to 10? what benefit does it have over stock?

its not showing the attachments that i wanted from this post on the first page which is what my question is based on.
    2008 Sky RL

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    I parks the cams full seperation at idle
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

10 is parked in the Editor for intake like said above. The way the scanner plots it is -10 tho when parked, thats why i use a PID to make Editor and Scanner match. Just something to make things easier to read for me lol

i adjust mine by cam solenoid dc%. cam grinds are so close to each other that being off a hare doesn't matter much, but for consistency between flashes i flash and compare the actuator percentages to my original dyno made tunes and make them match. if you had the stand alone style ecu this is how you would do it anyways. just keeping it the same.

does being parked make it smoother?
    2008 Sky RL

It makes them stationary easier to predict for tuning. Saves a very small amount of fuel as well