Thread: "Service Vehicle soon" light while tuning 04 GTO (resolved)

"Service Vehicle soon" light while tuning 04 GTO (resolved)

I've been tuning my 04 GTO for a few weeks and got a weird error about two weeks ago. 30~90 seconds after starting the car the dash would flash "Service Vehicle Soon". The most common cause for this is the oil pressure sensor. After monitoring oil pressure that was fine as well. Car ran fine but the error would come up once each key cycle. After doing some research I read that the only way to read it was with a Tech II. There were no OBDII codes. So I started comparing tune files and noticed I disabled several MAF codes along the way:

P0101
    P0102
    P0103

After re-enabling these codes the warning went away. So bottom line is when tuning avoid disabling all MAF codes at the same time or the car thinks something is REALLY wrong.
    2004 Yellow M6
    HPT Pro, LM1, SVEDE, 85mm FAST Manifold, 85mm TB, TR224 112 Cam, TEA ported/milled 243 heads, SW LT headers, SW Custom Side Exhaust, King springs, Pedders shocks, Hotchkis sways, Pedders & ES Bushings, DBA rotors, Hawk/Axxis pads, Stoptech lines, shiftlight, AP Sideskirts, AP rear bumper, 05 hood, SAP grilles, Hoens, dual aeroforce gauges
    Stock 309.8 RWHP 330.7 RWTQ
    Now ? RWHP ? RWTQ
    1 of 1014

2017 Audi A5 2.0T Cabriolet (bone stock) Daily/winter driver

Senior Tuner
    Disabled, or "Enabled, No Error Reported"?

Advanced Tuner
    Make sure you also set the MAF fail frequency to 0 when you disable those codes.