Thread: Failed write

Failed write

So I licensed a 2008 GXP Grand Prix. Read the vcm fine. Saved it fine. Made some changes and went to load in the tune and boom, it flashes a box that says it has failed to write. Now I have a dead car and have no idea what to do. Never had this problem before. I was using the beta version so I upgraded it and it must be the newer version because I don't get the Beta version warning now when I open it up. However it won't open any of my files because the "index is not in the bounds of the array." So I have a dead pcm that refuses to re write and a program that won't read any of its files. Any help here guys? I'm really at a loss and need to figure this out. Have already emailed support but I'm waiting to hear back.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    A screenshot of the error would be helpful.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9895 that one is a pretty simple fix ie write entire and move on.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Sounds like you re-installed 2.2 and not the beta.
    If you do not have Beta link on Customer page (read carefully) then email you Serial number to support at hptumers.com to get it relisted on your customer page.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I was able to get him up and running via email. I believe he may have been using a very old beta version which would only allow write entire of the pcm vs the current beta which you can do write calibration only on them.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"