Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DOD delete questions. I did a search.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes and change the valley cover to a non DOD version

Advanced Tuner
    Along with changing to solid lifters no afm

Im assuming you have figured this out. im looking for any advice i can get. I have just completed a dod delete on a 2008 gmc sierra 6.0. prior to the full fix (lifters, cam and all the other associated parts and gaskets I disabled the dod system in hopes to make a affordable/ quick fix, however that did not work and here I am a couple of weeks later and trying to finish the project the truck will only run on the 4 non dod cylinders at start up and never run on all 8. Since the first attempt I have changed computers and I am not quite sure how the writing of the tune is supposed to carry over. any ideas please I am ready to finalize this project. Thanks

The enable/disable feature in the calibration has to be set to disable for it to run on all 8 cylinders.

Removing all the parts without disabling the feature will cause you issues.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Yes I disabled the DOD function in the "engine"-"fuel"-"lean/fuel saver" with my MVPI2 tuner prior to the parts replacement. since then I have changed computers and I am hoping the tune stays with the ECU. that being said when I started the truck it puts out codes for the 4 DOD cylinders. What am I missing?

The change you made to the settings will stay with the computer you flashed it on.

If you change computers, then whatever you did will not be on the new computer unless you license that file and make the same changes to it.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

you have to use a non dod cam typically the one from a 4.8 is used for this otherwise you will have issues.. I have shut it off on over 175 trucks in the software alone, with no hardware change, but if you remove/change dod lifters and valley cover you MUST change the cam to non dod as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nato1 View Post
    Yes I disabled the DOD function in the "engine"-"fuel"-"lean/fuel saver" with my MVPI2 tuner prior to the parts replacement. since then I have changed computers and I am hoping the tune stays with the ECU. that being said when I started the truck it puts out codes for the 4 DOD cylinders. What am I missing?
    I assume that you installed a none DoD valley cover? If so, then you must set all of the DoD codes to no error reported & uncheck the SES box.

Russ Kemp

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    I assume that you installed a none DoD valley cover? If so, then you must set all of the DoD codes to no error reported & uncheck the SES box.

Russ Kemp
    Yes I did change the valley cover, lifters, cam and all associated gaskets. so when you uncheck the SES boxes and change the code to no error reported do you have to save the file or anything or is it just supposed to work instantly?

You have to save the file and write it back into the computer.

So I have saved it and written it back to the computer still running on 4 cylinders???

Post the file you are working with here.

Sorry but im not even sure how to do that, could you give me a quick run down?

Use the "go advanced" reply option. It will allow you to click on the attachment feature, should look like a clipboard I think. Then you can browse your computer for the file and load it to the forum and post it here.

this is the current tune in the truck i believe

Set code P3400 to no error reported as well.

Also as an extreme back up, set the DoD disable PRNDL gear 4 to "1" and the disable gear to "1" for everything table. "1" means that it is disabled and 0 means enabled.

Save that, do a write calibration again and see what you get.

P3400 is off

mckenzies 2008 gmc.hpt P3400 is off, im not sure how to change dod transmission funtions but the problem still exist.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    yes, this problem has caught out some of the best engine builders i know. Above about 2500rpm the engine seems to run fine, but is down on power and at idle it misses on the 4 dod cylinders.

Cam doctor shows the profile different for those 4 cyls.

Usually when people do the mod they put a different cam in and so never see the issue.

Chris...
    Quote Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
    also had a guy with a saab 5.3(like trailblazer) removed all the dod and kept the stock cam and no issues just turning off the dod,,,

good to know about this issue,

maybe different year dod cams are set up different,, dont know how the guy with the saab got away with it. he had the whole project done then called because it was in 4cyl mode all the time, we turned off the dod and codes and it drove fine, been over a year now

Potential Tuner
    Hey guys.
    Could the reason for misfires etc . Be
    That some guys just do the lifter swap and not the the computer dod removal.
    Therefore , the computer still turns off 4 cylinders etc causing compression buildup etc. And no spark. .?