Thread: Bad computer

Tuner in Training

Bad computer

We have a bad comPuter in a Yukon, is there anyway to flash a different computer without buying a liscense

There is a way, but not without expensive tools.

You need to buy a new PCM from somebody with unlimited license, and have him flash it with your stock tune.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    There is a way, but not without expensive tools.

You need to buy a new PCM from somebody with unlimited license, and have him flash it with your stock tune.
    Not a bad idea.

Get with Ed Hutchings. aka Edcmat-l1 on here or his email is [email protected]
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Advanced Tuner
    You will still need to license the new vcm for two credits.I'm pretty that's how it works even if u use your stock file. So I my thinking is right you could buy a used ECM and write entire with your stock file since u licensed that file and pay the two credits for the vcm. Bill correct me if I'm wrong but pretty sure that's how it works
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85