Thread: MAF Allowed Delta Airflow

MAF Allowed Delta Airflow

Does anyone know what this exact table does? I have a L67 out of 2000 Grand Prix for reference. I've modified the positive to 30 instead of the stock values of 2 or whatever it is. Has anyone modified these numbers and if so, what should they be. Also, any other ideas on what to change to get rid of any kr I see when the car downshifts? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Senior Tuner
    Exactly as described... it limits the rise or fall of the MAF values reported to the PCM via MAF Hz reported at any given time. I would set them to the mid 7 range from what Ive seen in the 3800's, above that caused driveability issues in mine with the cam I have. IF the engine is stock, not much if anything needs to be adjusted in that table
    Motor mounts in good shape? You think this is false KR? How about posting a log and your current tune when you have a chance.
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
    Exactly as described... it limits the rise or fall of the MAF values reported to the PCM via MAF Hz reported at any given time. I would set them to the mid 7 range from what Ive seen in the 3800's, above that caused driveability issues in mine with the cam I have. IF the engine is stock, not much if anything needs to be adjusted in that table
    Motor mounts in good shape? You think this is false KR? How about posting a log and your current tune when you have a chance.

I've thought it's false honestly, but can't confirm. I know when I had race gas in the car, it would do the same thing. It's only a downshift when it really gets in the powerband like a downshift from 2nd to 1st around 35 or so mph. All motor mounts are in great shape, all poly. Could be the initial vibration when it downshifts. I had set that table to 30 or something high. Should I set it to 7's all across the board for both positive and negative? Is it the quickest the MAF can adjust when there is an airflow change? So if I'm cruising and go WOT it would change quite high.

The KR I see is around 3-3.5 degrees and then it goes to zero fast from my Aeroforce. This is on stock timing close to around 16-17 degrees on a 2.8" pulley on a Gen 5 that's intercooled. I never see any KR at WOT through a 1/4 mile pass. So I'm thinking it's either false or burst knock possibly in a downshift?

Anything else I can do? Can you look at my HP Tuner tune file and see what you think? I had it set at 30, but maybe it's too high and should be lower??

My tune file is in this thread - http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40339

Thank you for any help!