Thread: Cannot read/write VCM after abort!

Potential Tuner

Cannot read/write VCM after abort!

I was trying to "write calibration only" and hit "write entire" by accident. Well long story short it started the process and I hit abort. Now it cannot connect with my VCM and car will not start. Engine turns over but noticed fuel pump does not turn on.
    I tried using a different scan tool I own and that also no longer connects to my PCM.

Any ideas?? sorry I tried searching the forums but couldnt find my answer. If by chance this PCM is now screwed...I have another one that was previously programmed for my car that I was going to swap in tomorrow and see the results. Will I need to use more credits to write this other one if it already is programmed and has worked for my car?

Thanks

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah you likely fried the pcm. What you can try is disconnect the battery in an attempt to reestablish comms(its really a last resort in this case) and try finishing the write entire.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the quick response,

I disconnected the battery tonight and I am going to let it sit overnight.

Any idea if I can install my other one and if I need to pay more credits or will it be good to go?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If you have the year/model license for the pcm in question you shouldn't need any additional credits. If you are doing single vcm licenses you would need to license the new vcm.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"