Thread: afr/afr error

Potential Tuner

afr/afr error

hey every one this is probably going to sound pretty stupid but I'm having trouble with my afr error graph..
    I was trying to log data and copy my afr error over to to the ve table (chaging fuel type) and I thought my wide band might of been playing up so logged data on a professional tune I had done on e85 car runs mint, commanded afr is 9.75 but looks like wideband is looking for 14.7 but the error is showing big numbers like 55 which I thought was way off could some one please help me with out with setting it up properly? cheers.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Use lambda and not AFR.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    can I still copy the lambda error and past special into the ve table ?

Yes.

You are still logging a percent error against the commanded AFR using your VE. It's just using commanded EQ instead of commanded AFR.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    thanks heaps I give that a go, the new 3.x software has got me stuffed..

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    when you set your channels up select "commanded lambda"
    this will let you compare to a wideband set to sweep in lambda mode through hpt.
    once those two are on the channels list you can select the %error from the maths section; again the lambda version.

its automatic if you use the maths function because it knows the channels list and picks the appropriate channels to make the calculation function properly. it uses the standard formula {(commanded - lambda sens.)/commanded}*100 = lambda error.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    I just plugged it back into the car and clicked transform on the wide band and under the other tansform tab instead of air fuel i clicked my innovate sensor eq ratio then changed it ethanol. Done the same for the error but uinder math tab and done the same over on the graph and it looks to be spot on. Afr's are reading 9.8 at idle and th error is showing 2's and 3's. Its only takin me 5 years haha. Thanks heaps for the help i saved the lay out and ill try set it up on lambda aswell.

Advanced Tuner
    So it's better too use LAMBADA than afr?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by anniversaryss View Post
    So it's better too use LAMBADA than afr?
    Yes. It'a a lot easier and faster especially when using different fuel types.
    Stoich for E0 gas is 14.7
    stoich for E10 is 14.2ish
    stoich for E85 is 9.85ish

Lambda stoich(if you want to call it that) is always 1.0

Lambda for E0 is 1.0
    Lambda for E10 is 1.0
    Lambda for E85 is 1.0

Anything higher than 1.0 is lean, anything lower than 1.0 is rich.

For example, if you are commanding .87 for WOT(commanded EQ) and your wideband shows .80 your EQ Error is -7%
    you need to take out 7% from the MAF or VE(depending on what you are doing)

All wideband sensors are Lambda sensors. They are scaled to show a stoich of 14.7. That's why a wideband will show 14.7 stoich regardless if the fuel type, pump gas or E85. The sensor is looking for 1.0, what you see on the WB is the way it's scaled.

Lambda is the metric system system and AFR is imperial or SAE.

Advanced Tuner
    Awesome I'll have to set mine up.
    I'm still In the beginnig phase of tuning..
    So instead of changing each cell do you just copy your error histogram and put it Into your VE? Or how does that work? Thanks not trying to highjack the post but it is relevant lol.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if you make a histogram that matches the axis of your ve and maf tables then all you do is copy the error reported in the scanner and use "paste special - multiply by percent (or percent half)" when transferring corrections to the editor tables.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    if you make a histogram that matches the axis of your ve and maf tables then all you do is copy the error reported in the scanner and use "paste special - multiply by percent (or percent half)" when transferring corrections to the editor tables.

Already got it.
    Thank you